Desktop Version Of Outlook Generating Error

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
With the latest update to Outlook Desktop, I'm now receiving an error message every time I select Message Options when reviewing mail in my Junk folder. Anyone have any ideas why this message is being displayed and how to stop it? I simply display the message to capture the IP Address. When I "Close" the message, this error appears. I now have to click "NO" to make it go away....really annoying!
1521464362987.png

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I'm guessing its because its html... but could just be because you opened the message and 'did something'. Outlook can be funky with imap email and thinks something changed.

if you can use a macro, see Get Outlook's Internet Headers using VBA - select the message and run the macro to put the header in a new message- there are also samples to get a value from the header - that might work to get the ip address if you can identify the correct one.

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
I'm guessing its because its html... but could just be because you opened the message and 'did something'. Outlook can be funky with imap email and thinks something changed.

if you can use a macro, see Get Outlook's Internet Headers using VBA - select the message and run the macro to put the header in a new message- there are also samples to get a value from the header - that might work to get the ip address if you can identify the correct one.
Thanks Diane. I looked at the example included with the VBA. I didn't see that the VBA would extract the actual "Sender" IP which is what I obtain from use of the Message Options. Wonder if there's a way to adjust Outlook Message Options to ignore HTML?

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Using the macro at Get Outlook's Internet Headers using VBA you would change the pattern -
.Pattern = "(Return-Path:\s(.*))"
The big issue getting the correct ip. just using this pattern (\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}) would get all ipv4s in the header. (there is regex that will get either ipv4 or ipv6)

My mail server sets this for the sending mail server:
Authentication-Results: spf=none (sender IP is 173.201.192.104)
so this pattern would work to identify the ip of the server:
.Pattern = "(sender IP is \s\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3})"

The initial mail server sets a received from, which is sending computer, but all later servers set received from too. The regex would need to get all - the last one should be the computer that sent the message.

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Wonder if there's a way to adjust Outlook Message Options to ignore HTML?
Drag it to the junk email folder - that only supports plain text.
or use the macro i posted (the first macro on the page, not the second) to put the header in a new message - you'll still need to look for the right ip, but its easier to read than the tiny box in options.