• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Outlook 2016 with imap emails keep Resurrecting themselves?

CWM030

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Windows 7 Home
Personal domain
Account is set up as IMAP

I am having a problem with a email popping back up long after their deleted out of their respective folders and the trash can has been emptied?

The problem account is a GMAIL account that's set to forward to my domain address then disregard the email after it's been forwarded to my domain.
The forwarding setting was set up using gmail.com ( Outlook is not doing the forwarding)

I have not changed any special settings / settings in general in Outlook.

What could be causing this?

I've deleted that certain email 3 times already this evening.

Thanks,
Chris

CWM030

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Are you sure gmail didn't receive and forward 3 copies?
Thats very odd.... OL 2016 doesn't alert you to new email's in sub folders.. I had no clue until just now, that you replied to me.

To answer your question. No, because I even emptied gmail's trash can and it still reappeared. But, weirdly, it has stopped now.

CWM030

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
it should if an outlook rule is moving the mail - if you have gmail filtering the mail before outlook gets it, then no.
Other way around........ The filtering doesn't happen until the emails get to OL.

But, Outlook does not tell me that there's email's in sub folders for some reason :(

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
You should get the envelope notification - if you need notification, you can add either of these actions to your rules: display desktop alert (the little popup that goes away) or an alert that stays on the screen till you dismiss it. Or you can play a sound...