• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Outlook signatures depending on domain

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Hi, I would like to know if there is a way to have a different signature depending whether I send an email outside of my organization or inside into my organizations domain?
I need to have a different signature for external going emails than for internal ones, can it be done?
Thanks
Sergio

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Damn spammers. Sorry about that.

Outlook doesn't have such an option built in and I'm not sure of the feasibility of doing it using a macro - the problem is that the signature is set when the message form opens, before addresses are added. A macro could check the address block when you click send and if it finds an external address, might be able to change the signature or at least remind you that it is being sent externally and give you the chance to change it. Like these macros - Warn Before Sending Messages to the Wrong Email Address - use most appropraite signature as the default then warrn if the wrong type of recipient is on the message.

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Damn spammers. Sorry about that.

Outlook doesn't have such an option built in and I'm not sure of the feasibility of doing it using a macro - the problem is that the signature is set when the message form opens, before addresses are added. A macro could check the address block when you click send and if it finds an external address, might be able to change the signature or at least remind you that it is being sent externally and give you the chance to change it. Like these macros - Warn Before Sending Messages to the Wrong Email Address - use most appropraite signature as the default then warrn if the wrong type of recipient is on the message.
Thank you so much Diane, I will try to do it that way.