ScanPST finding errors but no Repair button

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJNiteOwl

Outlook version
Email Account
IMAP
I am familiar with running ScanPST and have run it many times on various versions of Outlook. Currently Outlook 2007 which is running fine except that I am having huge trouble in synchronizing OL2007 with Samsung Note 4 and S Planner. Previously this worked okay but now finds appointments and diary entries hundreds of weeks ago (that would already have been "dismissed") and when synchronizing takes ages to go through these old appointments and will find differences between OL2007 and S Planner requiring individual confirmation of the "correct" one.

So I went and checked Outlook.pst and ran Scanpst a couple of times (backing up the original Outlook.pst before repairing so I could get it back to square 1 if necessary). The repairs ran ok until the last time which noted there were still errors in the Outlook.pst file but there was no "Repair" button available.

I am familiar with this situation and Diane has commented that not all errors are fixable using Scanpst if there are "addins" being used on the PST files. I am assuming this is the case as the Outlook files (Outlook.pst and various archives) appear to be in good health as Outlook 2007 works ok).

However I am still at a loss as to why the Calendar (only) will no longer sync. Contacts and Tasks sync okay.

The question is, do I have a problem with the Outlook PST files or is the problem somewhere else? Any thoughts?

Thanks
AJ

Sorry updated this slightly....

I am familiar with running ScanPST and have run it many times on various versions of Outlook. Currently Outlook 2007 which is running fine except that I am having huge trouble in synchronizing OL2007 with Samsung Note 4 and S Planner using Smart Switch (originally used Samsung Kies program which allowed you to limit the period to synchronize - sya to 1 year ago. Previously Smart Switch worked okay but now finds appointments and diary entries hundreds of weeks ago (that would already have been "dismissed") and when synchronizing takes ages to go through these old appointments and will find differences between OL2007 and S Planner requiring individual confirmation of the "correct" one.

So I went and checked Outlook.pst and ran Scanpst a couple of times (backing up the original Outlook.pst before repairing so I could get it back to square 1 if necessary). The repairs ran ok until the last time which noted there were still errors in the Outlook.pst file but there was no "Repair" button available.

I am familiar with this situation and Diane has commented that not all errors are fixable using Scanpst if there are "addins" being used on the PST files. I am assuming this is the case as the Outlook files (Outlook.pst and various archives) appear to be in good health as Outlook 2007 works ok).

However I am still at a loss as to why the Calendar (only) will no longer sync. Contacts and Tasks sync okay.

The question is, do I have a problem with the Outlook PST files or is the problem somewhere else? Any thoughts?

Thanks
AJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J Outlook 2021 ScanPST errors (yet again ... sorry): repair button missing Outlook 2021 Using Outlook 5
J SCANPST errors Outlook PST repair? Using Outlook 1
P errors appear every time I run SCANPST Using Outlook 3
C scanpst.exe doesn't repair .pst file Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Using Scanpst in Outlook Click to Run Using Outlook 0
C scanpst.exe will not open Using Outlook 0
makinmyway ScanPST.exe Missing Repair Button Using Outlook 15
G Error when running scanpst.exe Using Outlook 1
Jennifer Murphy ScanPST results discarded? Using Outlook 10
R ScanPST finished, but no repaired folders appeared? Using Outlook 1
S Using Scanpst too often? Using Outlook 2
V How to do a scanpst in thin clients??? Using Outlook 5
W scanpst gets freezed Using Outlook 2
H ran scanpst.exe and that fixed most, but cannot access personal folders Using Outlook 1
S CSCANPST To Automate Running SCANPST.EXE Using Outlook 1
N Inbox repair tool - scanpst.exe. That file is missing from my computer. Using Outlook 2
B Outlook fails - error says execute scanpst.exe but can't find it Using Outlook 8
bhamberg Finding a rouge rule... Using Outlook 6
K Outlook.com is not showing, or finding via search, all my Contacts (People) Using Outlook 0
F Finding Meetings/Tasks in a date range Using Outlook 1
M Finding Tasks in Outlook 365 Using Outlook 1
A "search people" not finding all contacts Using Outlook 17
Commodore Finding items from last 7 days Using Outlook 2
T Need help with finding/updating task Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Finding a folder by name Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 4
S Finding Distribution List Name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Ron Kirschner Finding a rule Using Outlook 1
A OL13 Calendar Search not finding most items Using Outlook 15
L Finding deleted contact from shared folder. Exchange Server Administration 1
G finding Outlook 2010 pst in Windows XP Using Outlook 2
P finding a folder containing an email item Using Outlook 0
S Finding an inbox email question Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
C Finding an email address based on a name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
N Finding messages by conversation macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Outlook VBA Form not finding FOR LOOP -- Error message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
pcunite Outlook 2019/O365 Build 13127.20408 errors when using MAPI calls Using Outlook 1
B Server errors Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
Y IMAP errors with Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 2
M Charter ISP Claims Outlook Generating STMP Errors of Too Many Recipients Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky BCM Errors after Upgrading to Windows 10 Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Common Outlook Outgoing Server (SMTP) Errors Using Outlook 0
M attachments & time-out errors Using Outlook 4
L Issues with Outlook - errors detected in file Using Outlook 1
P 2013 AOL IMAP Sync Errors Using Outlook 5
E Multiple, intermittent Outlook 2010 errors Using Outlook 12
icacream errors have been detected... outlook.pst Using Outlook 10
J No errors from BCM 2007 but can't see database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
M The set of folders cannot be opened. Errors have been detected in the file. Using Outlook 11
A PDF Attachement Errors with Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 7
D VBA Macro Works in 2007 but errors in 2010 Using Outlook 2