• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Mass Updating Contact form used

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hello,

I have recently built a new custom contact form for our CEO's contacts. I have set it as the default for all new contacts but I am trying to find a way to update all his 8000 current contacts to the new form. Is there a script or tool that someone can recommend?

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
They just haven't updated it in years (because it doesn't need updated) - it worked when i last used it but I forget if it was with 2013 or 2016.

Did you get any error with the macro?

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
After your comment I attempted to run the tool and I got this error message back "Either there is no default mail client or the the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client." Outlook is the default email client in both my Outlook settings and my PC settings. I also have outlook running while I am trying to run the tool.

When I tried running the Marco I receive the following error message "Access to this form Template file is blocked. If you trust the source of the form, on the home tab, click New Item, and then choose the form. ..."

When I tried opening it the way they suggest nothing happens.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Oh... i didn't notice you used 64-bit. That could be the cause of the error message with docmessageclass.

"Access to this form Template file is blocked. If you trust the source of the form, on the home tab, click New Item, and then choose the form. ..."
This message seems a little weird - i would not expect an error and certain not that error. Is the custom form published or a template?

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Oh... i didn't notice you used 64-bit. That could be the cause of the error message with docmessageclass.

This message seems a little weird - i would not expect an error and certain not that error. Is the custom form published or a template?
I creating the macro as a template as advised to do here. I have also tried running the Marco on a 32-bit and received the same error.

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
i haven't used the template in years - and with some new security in Outlook, it may not work.

I tested docmessageclass on Outlook 2016 32-bit. It works. (I converted the ones using sharepoint form to the standard contact form)

docmessageclass.png

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi Diane,

Outlook 64 bit was the problem, when I uninstalled and reinstalled 32 bit it worked just fine. Thanks for your help!