• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Can't Send calendar share invite

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
Outlook.com (as MS Exchange)
Hope someone may have a solution. My wife an I each have a computer running WIn10 ver 1709 build 16299.334. We both run Outlook 365 connected to Microsoft Exchange. When I try to share my calendar I end up getting "Error while preparing to send sharing message". Have spent hours looking for answers but most talk about exchange server things and global address lists all of which are way above my computer knowledge. Seems like a simple thing to be able to do, but.... Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards Rich W.

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
You have two options: share from OWA (recommended, also accept share there) or make sure you select the sharee from the GAL, not from autocomplete. More info at Outlook error: 'error preparing to send sharing message'
Thanks again Diane, you have helped me in the past.
When I try to select the sharee from the Global Addess List by clicking the "To" button, The GAL window pops up, is empty, and an error message box also pops up saying"The requested operation cannot be completed because the operation is not supported on this object". On the Address Book drop down menu I have the choice of GAL (Empty), My email address (Empty), and Contacts (Fully populated) but does not work (original error of this post). I looked at the MFCMapi stuff and could follow the steps I believe, but don't want to screw up and lose anything/everything. I don't know what "Delegates" are if I am able to delete them as shown, and would not have a clue on how to re-add any if I have to. The only reason for not wanting to to do the OWA (which works) is that my wife was fed up with getting two emails of changes or additions to the calendar and they would re-appear all the time after deletion day after day (another subject). She just needs to see the calendar occasionally when desired. So I had removed all sharing and wanted a fresh start from Outlook. It was a simple plan :).

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Oh.. you have an outlook.com account, which only shows yourself in the gal - you'll need to share it from outlook.com web - and your wife should accept from the web. This will add it to the mailbox - it won't be editable (yet) - so if she needs to add something to your calendar, she either needs to do it from outlook.com or send you a meeting invitation.

Sharing Outlook.com Calendars

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
I have the sinking feeling that I'm stuck with OWA. I'll give it a try and hope she doesn't keep getting emails of changes and additions to the calendar. Thanks again Diane (My wife's name also :) ).

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
She shouldn't be getting update messages - once its accepted via OWA, it will be listed as a subfolder in her mailbox, available in Outlook desktop (read only) and on mobile devices (read/write).