CWM030

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Hello,

I archive by the year. As shown here:

Untitled.png

I do not see a way to make the IN folder, the default folder for when I hit archive, emails are sent to the 2018 > IN folder.

Can this be changed / customized?

Thanks,
Chris

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
No, not any more. You used to be able to choose the folder you wanted to Archive to, but they changed it to always use Archive a few months ago.

You have two choices: move to archive then periodically move the mail from Archive to In, or set up a Quick Step to move the mail. A Quick Step is better if you generally use the Archive button, not Backspace key, and if you don't have a lot of quick steps so you don't have to go looking for it.

CWM030

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
No, not any more. You used to be able to choose the folder you wanted to Archive to, but they changed it to always use Archive a few months ago.

You have two choices: move to archive then periodically move the mail from Archive to In, or set up a Quick Step to move the mail. A Quick Step is better if you generally use the Archive button, not Backspace key, and if you don't have a lot of quick steps so you don't have to go looking for it.

AHH, bummer.... Setting up a quick step was very painless :)

I just wonder if there's a way to disable the backspace archivng? when I was using pop3 I got use to using the backspace key to archive things.