• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Making iCloud the default calendar for Outlook 2016

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
My Outlook is mapped to my Gmail account. I have the iCloud Add-in installed but it's not working as desired.

I'd like Outlook ToDos to sync to iCloud Reminders (so I can see them on my iPhone) and I'd like calendar entries on my iPhone (i.e. my iCloud calendar) to be the default calendar for Outlook so when I "Create Task", "Create Meeting", or accept a meeting invitation from my InBox or create a meeting on my iPhone, they all reside in the same calendar.

I had all this working when I was in a corporate setting with Outlook/Exchange - but I've been unable to get it working on my standalone PC with Outlook from O365.

Thank you, in advance for your assistance.

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Yeah, it's not going to work on with icloud because you cant set the icloud to be the default data file. If you use an outlook.com account, it would like your corporate mailbox as its not hosted on Office 365 Exchange, but not with icloud.

You can use a macro to move or copy things - sample code at Copy New Appointments to Another Calendar - manual method at Copy Appointments to a Second Calendar

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I'm going to try to use the Macro approach - fingers crossed! Is there a similar macro to move Tasks or ToDos into iCloud's Reminders?

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
You'd use the same method - just change the folders and item types. You'll need to copy the Private Sub curCal_ItemAdd(ByVal Item As Object) macro for each item type, changing the name of course.

I had started to do one specifically for icloud (that moved, not copied, appt, contacts, and tasks) - i didn't see it linked as a text file in the comments - will see if i can find it and post it. It used search to find events to update, not the GUID (which doesn't work correctly in 2016).