Quarantine

Status
Not open for further replies.

CWM030

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
In the thread where we were talking about connected accounts. You told me to turn quarantine on.

I think I have quarantine turned on... But I saw a few error messages pop up:

Screenshot_2018-04-28-20-57-21.png

Screenshot_2018-04-28-20-59-01.png

Screenshot_2018-04-28-21-00-05.png

At the bottom of the last screenshot - click the link to enable notifications for quarantine. Ignore the second message about transport rules - that is only for organizations who use the service to filter spam for their on-premise exchange server.

2018-04-29_13-11-57.png

With Quarantine turned on... I do not see how the spam is still getting through:

Screenshot_2018-04-29-19-43-53.png

With Quarantine turned on... I do not see how the spam is still getting through:
It depends on your spam settings - and a few will slip through, but most should be caught over time.

It depends on your spam settings - and a few will slip through, but most should be caught over time.

Is there a way to clear the quarantine list after I've gone through it?

And when I see something that shouldn't be flagged I always click the envelope then RELEASE SELECTED AND ALLOW SENDER?

And then I also check the box that says "Report this message to Microsoft to help the research and improvement of email protection technologies. "
So that way MS know's they falsely flagged the message.

Thanks,
CM

After that disaster... I think I want to handle spam on my own , instead of a remote server... I'll decide what's spam and whats not.

Enabled

Relative priority: Lowest

Summary

Detection response for spam:
Prepend subject line with text

Detection response for high confidence spam:
Prepend subject line with text

Mark bulk email as spam:
Disabled

Sender block list:
Configured with 1 entries

Domain block list:
Not configured

Sender allow list:
Configured with 7 entries

Domain allow list:
Not configured

International spam - languages:
Disabled

International spam - regions:
Disabled

End-user spam notifications:
Enabled

Send end-user spam notifications every ‎(days)‎: 1

Configure end-user spam notifications...

Test mode options:
None

Just ignore the message above ... I changed everything back to the way it was.

But it would be nice if we could delete quarantined messages after we've looked at them.

Is there a way to clear the quarantine list after I've gone through it?
No. That annoys me, but I get the emails and rarely use the web interface.

No. That annoys me, but I get the emails and rarely use the web interface.

I agree it is annoying!

I am guessing when you say:

"but I get the emails and rarely use the web interface. "

Meaning there's nothing in the quarantine folder that's legit?

No, but i get the emailed list of messages in quarantine and lately, all are either spam or bulk mail ads. This is typical - bulk mail i may or may not care about, often a message or two to a specific mailing list and pure spam. (I added the list address to the safe senders in the admin portal but messages from certain people still get quarantined and i haven't had time to white list the sender). This address apparently is set to get a message every 3 days - my other account gets an email daily, if anything was added to quarentine.

Sometimes i just click release, other times i click both not junk and release. It just depends on my mood. :)

2018-05-11_10-37-11.png

No, but i get the emailed list of messages in quarantine and lately, all are either spam or bulk mail ads. This is typical - bulk mail i may or may not care about, often a message or two to a specific mailing list and pure spam. (I added the list address to the safe senders in the admin portal but messages from certain people still get quarantined and i haven't had time to white list the sender). This address apparently is set to get a message every 3 days - my other account gets an email daily, if anything was added to quarentine.

Sometimes i just click release, other times i click both not junk and release. It just depends on my mood. :)

View attachment 2332

"Sometimes i just click release, other times i click both not junk and release. It just depends on my mood. :) "

HAHAHA! :p

Mine's set to send me a message daily also.

CM

Status
Not open for further replies.