• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Retention policies on outlook 2016 ribbon

ivn

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Hi!

I'm using Exchange retention policies very often using Outlook 2016 assigning needed policy to incoming or outgoing messages. To assing retention policy to a message I have to press Assign Policy button and choose one from drop down list. But I'd like to do it more quickly.

Is there any way to show all or several retention policies right on the ribbon? For Example add "1 Week Delete" policy button. So I will need to do just a single click to assign policy to a message.

Thanks!

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
No on direct buttons... i don't think its in quick steps either but using a consumer version of office on this computer and can't verify (it doesn't support policies at all). Macros won't work on their own, but I haven't looked at Redemption to see if it exposes policies.

I have not checked Got an idea? to see if anyone has suggested it yet, but it would be a good idea to make the suggestion there (in the outlook for windows forum).

ivn

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Thanks Diane! I haven't found same question on Outlook uservoice forums, but I will post my idea there.