• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Outlook 2016 what file contains contacts, tasks and appointments stored locally?

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I am moving my Outlook 2016 on win 10 install to a new PC. My main email account is an IMAP, which migrated all my email without issue. I run contacts, tasks and appointments locally. My question is where are these local items stored? I assumed it was in a *.pst file but I can't find it! Is there a way to coax from Outlook the storage location for this data?

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Are they in a folder labeled 'this computer only' ? if so, they are in the imap data file on the old computer. You'll need to export them to a pst.

On the old computer, go to the folder list - ctrl+6 - so you can see all of the folders. If there are two data files - the imap and a separate one with the calendar and contacts, right click on the dat file name and choose 'open file location' to find out where its store. Close outlook and make a copy of the file.