• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Windows 1803 update : QAT and toolbar changed, language pack gone...

ofw62

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Funny, the day before yesterday I managed to update Windows 10 x64 to 1803.
I believe yesterday the Outlook toolbar was still the same.
Today I noticed that the toolbar was changed: a button 'Archive' was added (I can not remove that in the settings, greyed out) and a button 'Speech'.
Outlook v1804 16.0.9226.2156 32b.
Importing the exported UI (.exportedUI) partly recreates the toolbar (speech and archive are still there)

I intended to switch the GUI to English using Microsoft Office 2016 Tools and noticed that the language change was gone (languagepack).
The folder now only contains 'Office Upload Center' whatever that may be.

Also the button in the Quick Access Toolbar with the 'paste as plain text' (see: "Macro - paste as plain text" thread) has gone.

In this respect it seems that a word of caution when updating to 1803 is justified.

SnagIt-26052018 072749.png

ofw62

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Would you please be so kind as delete the above post.
Matter is solved. Manually added SETLANG.EXE to the startmenu and updated the toolbar.
Regretfully I can't delete it myself.
Maybe, as a new feature, allow users to delete their post as long as there are no replies?
Many thanks!

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Today I noticed that the toolbar was changed: a button 'Archive' was added (I can not remove that in the settings, greyed out) and a button 'Speech'.
Archive is a eew feature, as is Speech. Archive also adds an Archive folder too.
If you want to remove it, see Using Outlook 2016's Archive feature -

Maybe, as a new feature, allow users to delete their post as long as there are no replies?
There is a short length of time for editing deletion, but others can be helped by your figuring it put so I'd prefer to keep leave it up.

ofw62

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Thanks Diane.
As for deleting threads, I understand. Don't know whether the 'time-frame' can be changed, i.e. set to a longer period.
Background: dummies like me may ask simple questions, finding out the 'Ah, of course!'-solutions themselves.
Solutions they didn't think of in the first place, see above example. It is an uneasy feeling then, to have started a thread.

Oh, btw, the missing set language thing: even after re-installing the Office 2016 Tools, the entry did not show up in the program group.
Reason why I had to add this manually.

Anyway..
Thanks again!

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Background: dummies like me may ask simple questions, finding out the 'Ah, of course!'-solutions themselves.
Solutions they didn't think of in the first place, see above example. It is an uneasy feeling then, to have started a thread.
There is never a dumb question - i can guarantee you that you aren't the only one with the problem, others might be afraid to ask for one reason or another.
In my 20 years of doing support, i've seen it all, heard it all and came to the conclusion (about 19 years ago) that the problem is the software/help files, not "dumb users".