• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Autocomplete not working on new email account

Vincenzo

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I recently added my wife's live.com email address to her Outlook 2010. Doing so created a folder in her Outlook contacts that contains all the contacts that are in the live.com contact list. The problem is that Outlook does not autocomplete any of those email addresses when she starts typing them in the To: field of a new email.

I have gone into the properties of the folder and told it to "Show this folder as an email address book" (actually I think it was already set like that).

Anything else I can try?

Thanks

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Autocomplete only lists people who you've recently sent mail to - as she uses outlook, the list should grow.

If the account is added as an Exchange account (default for outlook.com), if there is an autocomplete list created on another exchange client or in outlook on the web, it should sync to outlook. But that might only work with Outlook 2016...

Vincenzo

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
OK thanks. But since those email addresses from the live.com account are now contacts in Outlook, shouldn't they be recognized when she started typing them, even though they have never been sent to by Outlook. I did a test and created an email contact in outlook, and when I opened a new email and started typing the email address, it "autocompleted" the address. (Perhaps autocomplete is not the correct term for that function?)

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
OK thanks. But since those email addresses from the live.com account are now contacts in Outlook, shouldn't they be recognized when she started typing them, even though they have never been sent to by Outlook.
Yes and no... if you type enough of the name to be unique, outlook will resolve it to a contact... its not the same as the 'type ahead' functionality of autocomplete.