Selecting a folder from an entry in a Listbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovenna

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Outlook.com (as MS Exchange)
I have a large number of folders in my inbox and also multiple levels of folders. I have written a macro to prompt for a snippet of text then return all folder paths containing that text. This works fine and produces a nice list. However, I then have to fumble around trying to locate the folder through the hierarchy. I mean its doable, but very time-consuming.

All I now need is to double-click on one of the results in the list box (format=full text path of folder starting at the inbox address) and the folder then gets "selected" in the folder hierarchy and I can open it immediately.

Surely, this must be a simple job! But no matter how hard I try with bits of code lifted from the net, I keep getting errors because I guess I do not understand the Outlook VBA collection of objects sufficiently.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M Saving emails using Visual Basic - Selecting folder with msoFileDialogFolderPicker Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
M Selecting folder with msoFileDialogFolderPicker Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Outllook vba - selecting a folder Using Outlook 1
N Selecting multiple calendar items Using Outlook 4
S Automatically selecting folders and deleting messages in Outlook VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
S Creating Email - Selecting Pre-Defined Text Using Outlook 2
S Selecting "Mileage" field on "Detail" page Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P Selecting specific calendar from Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
RalphG101 No indication of attachment, when selecting file, send to outlook. Using Outlook 0
A Auto Insert of filename when selecting 'Remove Attachment' Using Outlook 1
R VBScript Sendmail not selecting correct 'from' address Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
230Grains iCloud COM Module Keeps de-selecting in Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 1
F Automatically close email after selecting mark unread Using Outlook 1
S categories are being cut off after selecting from category pop up form Using Outlook 3
S Outlook Custom form - selecting text in read page Using Outlook 0
V Selecting multiple folders Using Outlook 2
D Selecting shared calendar for appointment/meeting templates Using Outlook 2
B MS Office 2010: Word email merge not selecting default Outlook account Using Outlook 1
C Selecting days in business notes BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
A Pull mail without marking and processing, only by selecting it Using Outlook 1
S List Box - Selecting Multiple Items (Saving) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M Search message, then (1) Jump to folder & (2) Select message that you searched for Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
G Search Folders and Jump to Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
X Run macro automatically when a mail appears in the sent folder Using Outlook 5
P Can't add custom field to custom Outlook form, it always adds to the Folder instead Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P Yahoo/IMAP folder rename by Outlook desktop 365 Using Outlook 0
A Outlook 2019 folder counter Using Outlook 0
A Search folder and move the email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
N Reply to Outlook messages by moving messages to a specific Outlook folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T How to find or display the sub-folder name for an Archive Search Using Outlook 10
A Outlook 365 (OutLook For Mac)Move "On My Computer" Folder Items From Old To New Mac Computer Using Outlook 3
P Search folder: all emails sent to or from a domain Using Outlook 1
V Folder Properties - Gmail account can't switch Using Outlook 5
Victor_50 Outlook 2019 Jump to folder from search folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
HarvMan Outlook 365 - Rule to Move an Incoming Message to Another Folder Using Outlook 4
S Email Macros to go to a SHARED Outlook mailbox Draft folder...NOT my personal Outlook Draft folder Using Outlook 2
I Help with Smart Folder + Query Builder on IMAP Using Outlook 0
S Paperclip icon shows without attachment in email under Sent folder Using Outlook 0
Kika Melo Outlook Calendar deleted appointments not in Deleted Items folder Using Outlook 3
K vba code to auto download email into a specific folder in local hard disk as and when any new email arrives in Inbox/subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Z Outlook 365 Automatically assign categories to incoming mail in a shared folder Round Robin Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Adding a contact to a specific folder Using Outlook 0
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro GoTo user defined search folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
Rupert Dragwater Duplicate email in Folder Using Outlook 7
S Adding a recipient's column to Sent folder in Outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
L "Insert Pictures" Button-Wrong Folder Using Outlook 5
C Outlook 365 Copy/Save Emails in Folder Outside Outlook to Show Date Sender Recipient Subject in Header Using Outlook 0
CWM550 Outlook 365 Hey Diane! MS 365 Biz Standard and "Potential Spam" addressed to others coming to my JUNK folder? Using Outlook 2
J Quick steps delete original email and move reply/sent email to folder Using Outlook 2
A manual rule sends mail to wrong folder Using Outlook 5