Setting "Reply To" based on inbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

mctabish

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
We have multiple email accounts and they come into various inboxes.
We have a folder for our normal personal email account, one for SUPPORT, one for VAR and another for DEALERS. We have several other folders that I would do the same thing for as dealers and VAR, but I can duplicate the code for that once I see one example)

I am not sure if I should test for the current email folder or the address the email was sent to. I am thinking FOLDER as sometimes there may be several of the above addresses on the to line.

I would like to have when I hit reply on the personal, that it just leaved the reply to the default and the run a script which asks if I want to include xx and xx on the CC lines. (I have this script working already)

When I hit reply for support, it would change the reply to to the support email address, change the FROM to my personal email address. I would want to ask if I want to run the script to add the other people

When I hit reply OR reply to all (they both should work the same), for the dealer (and VAR should work similarly), to set the TO address to the original sender, (and any other CCed emails) and then ADD the DEALER address as part of the TO. I want to set the reply to as the DEALER email address. These accounts, I would NOT want to run the add other user script.

I would then like to add wording between the body and the signature line (or better suggestions are welcomed) that state something to the effect:
For best result, when replying, send replies to (and then the proper reply to address as above) , and include the full conversion of this email.

Thanks!
Bruce

We have a folder for our normal personal email account, one for SUPPORT, one for VAR and another for DEALERS. We have several other folders that I would do the same thing for as dealers and VAR, but I can duplicate the code for that once I see one example)
Are these folders you filter mail into? Is the To address the same one you want to reply from ?

I have several macros, this one might be the best - Using a Gmail Master Account: Reply Using the Correct Account - and should do what you need. The From address does not need to be set up as an account.

(This is the original macro - VBA: Change the From Account on Replies )

They are separate email boxes, not a filter. On the dealer, personal and VAR, the FROM is the same as the REPLY TO. But the SUPPORT, is sent from our personal (bruce@xxxx.com), but I do want the replies to be sent to support@xxxx.com

I will look at the link provided. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S Outlook 2003: Help with setting up a macro to reply to selected emails Using Outlook 2
V Setting up Outlook 2021 on new computer Using Outlook 2
AlphonseG Outlook 365 Outlook Crashes on setting SaveSentMessageFolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
R Outlook 2021 Having problem setting up outlook 2021 with windows 11. I have 3 gmail accounts and I want the 3 gmail, emails to merge into the same outlook input. Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Outlook 2010 Help setting up Gmail account in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
P OWA Settings->Calendar->Events from Email; Setting changes do not hold Using Outlook 1
Marc2019 Setting up an Outlook Account on Mac Os 10.6.8 Outlook 2011 Using Outlook 1
L Outlook Office 365 client: won't remember my setting File, not to collapse ribbon Using Outlook 2
M Where is the setting to *turn off* open calendar in a new window? Using Outlook 3
llama_thumper Setting up forwarders on Exchange server Exchange Server Administration 0
B Setting rules Using Outlook 1
C iCloud Setting missing Outlook tab and Outlook missing the iCloud refresh button Using Outlook 4
B Setting defaults Using Outlook 2
C need help setting up outlook first time Using Outlook 1
P Reading Pane (Reading Pain?) Default Setting Using Outlook 1
W Setting up a custom form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R Setting font and color used when replying to an email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M Setting flag follow up for next business day Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Ed Sheehan Unusual behaviour in setting Sender (Outlook 2016) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
Jennifer Murphy Equations don't comply with style setting to left justify Using Outlook 0
J Setting default address book Using Outlook 0
N Does a Shared Folder Policy override a Digital Signature Setting for macros? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
Diane Poremsky Setting up an Outlook.com IMAP account Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Setting the default Country for Outlook Contacts Using Outlook 0
H Need help setting up GetFolderPath-Makro with Vodafone IMAP Mail-Account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Diane Poremsky Adjusting Outlook's Zoom setting in Email Using Outlook 0
O Setting default format for composing/replying to emails Using Outlook 3
B Outlook Calendar/setting appointments Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Adjusting Outlook's Zoom setting in Email Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Setting Custom Reminder Times Using Outlook 0
A Can't stop Outlook.com from setting reminders on appointments? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
A Setting RULES with more than one condition in MS OUTLOOK Using Outlook 6
L Setting up my PA's Outlook Using Outlook 7
E Need Help on Setting up a repeated Reminder on Task with Reoccurence Every Year Using Outlook 6
N "Instant Search" setting a default view Using Outlook 3
H SETTING UP A "NEW" NEVER HAD NEVER USED EMAIL ACCOUNT Using Outlook 9
K Setting Default Email Address for Meeting Replies Using Outlook 3
S Setting up Outlook 2010 to work with custom domain outlook.com account BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
D Setting defult "Show a room list" Using Outlook 0
Horsepower Setting appointments in calendar Using Outlook 3
J Setting tabs in contacts / notes field Using Outlook 0
T Setting a Default Subject from a certain Signature Using Outlook 0
K Help Needed - setting up Email in Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 3
mikecox setting Default area code in Contacts Using Outlook 5
G Outlook2013 - "From" name doesn't change even when changed in Account Setting Using Outlook 4
D How do I start completely from scratch in setting up Outlook 2013? Using Outlook 6
V View zoom setting changing Using Outlook 1
C Setting up Outlook 10 on Widows 8 using Google Server Using Outlook 3
I Outlook Appointments - Setting default text in message body Using Outlook 3
T Setting Color codes for each user of a shared Calendar Using Outlook 1