Greyed out checkbox in custom form

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_Mcd_413

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
I have a custom form with many checkboxes. One of them is behaving such that once the form is published, the checkbox unchecked, then when I check it, instead of a black check that I can turn on/off, it's grey and I can't uncheck it. I believe there I was able to attach a screenshot of the checkbox Properties (below). Any suggestions on what I can do to make this rogue checkbox act the same way as all the other check boxes?
properties.JPG
greyed out.JPG

it's not locked... its enabled... are all the settings identical between the 4 checkboxes? Select all then right-click and choose Advanced properties - filed with (mixed) had different values. Top, Name, Tab index, and Caption should have mixed -

right click on that control alone and choose Properties - is enabled checked? Try unchecking the rechecking it.

I took a close look at the Advanced properties of a box that is functional and the problematic/greyed-out box. I didn't see any variance. The regular properties are likewise identical. Then I opened up the Value tab in the check box properties and therein lies the variance in the Type. Now I just have to figure out how to change the type since this doesn't seem to be an option from the Properties screen.

Any ideas on how to navigate to change the Type of a user defined Field?

problem identified.JPG

advanced settings - two check boxes.JPG

regular properties - checkboxes.JPG

Figured it out... a bit tricky but the field can be saved in a number of places and needs to be deleted from each of them before you're able to reset a new field with the same name but different values/properties.

From Developer > design this form >all fields tab

Locate the problematic field from "User-defined fields in this ITEM."

Delete button should be on the bottom of the screen.

THEN switch the "Select From" drop down to "User-defined fields in this FOLDER."

Once the problematic field is fully deleted from multiple locations, you can create a new one with the correct settings.
solved.JPG

Ah... it was set up as a text field, not checkbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
V Why is "Value Required" checkbox greyed out for Dates? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M Calendar greyed out Using Outlook 0
F Rename Contacts Greyed Out Using Outlook 0
B Meeting Accept option greyed out Using Outlook 0
Fozzie Bear HomeTab Email filter "Greyed Out" in Outlook 2013 Exchange Server Administration 3
J phone icon greyed out in outlook 2013 Using Outlook 1
W Add Attendees is greyed out on Appointment Using Outlook 2
B Outlook 2013 instant search fields greyed out Using Outlook 3
D Calendar Resources tabs are greyed out Using Outlook 1
D Cannot Delete Individual Email - Greyed Out Using Outlook 12
S Inbox names appear greyed out Using Outlook 3
R Shared database greyed out and cannot connect BCM (Business Contact Manager) 10
T Word 2007 add-in ribbon icons greyed out Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E trust access to visual basic project greyed out in outlook 2003 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Program Checkbox that will activate a text box in a Outlook fallible form. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Potty Ash MS Outlook 2010 custom form - validation or formula to request user to check a checkbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 16
Stephen Weinberg Changing the mailing address checkbox Using Outlook 0
S Open custom meeting request with checkbox Using Outlook 0
S Outlook custom checkbox not changing value Using Outlook 0
S Dynamically add recipients using combobox and checkbox????? Using Outlook 2
F Checkbox Private Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
T Ribbon and a checkbox (C++ ATL) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
J Checkbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Boolean values for Checkbox fields Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Apply Custom Contacts form to all existing Contacts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Add Map It button to Custom Contacts Form in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Outlook 2021 Add Picture to Custom Contact Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
X Custom icon (not from Office 365) for a macro in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P Can't add custom field to custom Outlook form, it always adds to the Folder instead Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
AndyZ Contact Custom Form Tiny Text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A How to reduce size of custom contact form? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Custom Contact card - need help creating one Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Outlook 2019 Custom outlook Add-in using Visual Studio Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Adding Custom Forms Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
Witzker How to get the button Karte ( map) in custom contact form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Outlook 2019 Custom Email form - Edit default email form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
D Outlook 365 Custom forms field limit? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
J PSA: How to create custom keyboard shortcut for "Paste Unformatted Text" in Outlook on Windows Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M copy field value to custom field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Does the .fdm contain my custom form? How to make ol use it? - ol2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
J ol2021 custom form not displaying pics Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 37
N "Perform a Custom Action" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
cbufacchi Outlook 365 Populate custom Outlook Appoint form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
C Create Meeting With Custom Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
FryW Need help modifying a VBA script for in coming emails to auto set custom reminder time Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J custom form not displaying pictures Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
I Button PDF in Outlook Contact custom form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
K Font Sizing in Custom Form Regions for Contacts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
V Update new custom field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
D Anyone tell me where custom view settings are stored? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9