Can you set reminder to specific times?

Status
Not open for further replies.

e_a_g_l_e_p_i

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
I've been battling for years with Outlook 2010 when it comes to reminders, whenever I set a reminder it seems like I get reminded at odd hours of the morning or night and get woken up. I know you can set not to be reminded or you can set anything from hours to half a days, two weeks. But this morning I got woke up three different times from 3 AM to 6 AM by a loud Outlook reminder. So now it's time to just stop ignoring it and see if there's a way that I can fix it. I'm hoping someone here can tell me if it's possible.

Now I know I can set the volumes by just adjusting my computer volume, however, it is Big Brother season And I watch the live feeds and in order to hear everything properly, you got a set your volume at least 1/3 of the way up. Now to most of you what I just said won't make a bit of sense unless you're a big brother fan

For example, if I set a reminder and if I wanted to be reminded in a week a day, is it possible to set a specific time, for example, set a reminder for 9:30 in the morning.

Outlook has default reminder times - set in File, Options. One for Appointments (minutes before), one for tasks (specific time of day). All day events have an 18 hour by default, which could account for the 6 am reminders.

You can also select a specific reminder time for tasks and appointments when you create them

Outlook has default reminder times - set in File, Options. One for Appointments (minutes before), one for tasks (specific time of day). All day events have an 18 hour by default, which could account for the 6 am reminders.

You can also select a specific reminder time for tasks and appointments when you create them

Thanks, that is what I would like to do. I often set a reminder on my calendar and I would like them to remind me for example, at 10:00 AM. I have yet to figure out how to get close to that with the time options now default in Outlook 2010

How do I do it??

Calendar reminders are 'minutes before' the meeting start. Task reminders are at a specific time unless you change it - flagged messages will use the task settings as long as the flag is for tomorrow or later - today flags fire at 1 hour before the end of the work day.

To set all appointment reminders to 10 am would require a macro to do the calculationg.

Calendar reminders are 'minutes before' the meeting start. Task reminders are at a specific time unless you change it - flagged messages will use the task settings as long as the flag is for tomorrow or later - today flags fire at 1 hour before the end of the work day.

To set all appointment reminders to 10 am would require a macro to do the calculationg.
Well, that sounds out of my league, I didn't even know Outlook uses macros, I guess I will have to just deal with it as it is.
Thanks for the help

I was thinking about the Macro answer you gave me and I did a little bit of research about macros in Outlook 2010 and I ended up right back here on your forum.

To help me understand the calendar reminders in Outlook 2010 can you please tell me this, If I set a reminder for next Monday, does Outlook consider Sunday night at 12:01AM as "Monday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
FryW Need help modifying a VBA script for in coming emails to auto set custom reminder time Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
F how do i set a reminder in onenote 2010 Using Outlook 8
Witzker Macro to set contact reminder to next day 9:00 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 45
F Set (flagged) reminder for next business day Using Outlook 4
C Set reminder / appointment by right clicking email Using Outlook 1
L set task reminder date to same as start date (without affecting due date) Using Outlook 0
A iCloud add-on for Outlook: Reminder for new appointment is set to 'None' by default. How to change? Using Outlook 6
L Auto-set followup/reminder popup box for ALL sent emails. Using Outlook 0
C Set reminder time in custom form (Outlook 2010) Using Outlook 1
Q Rule to set reminder if not set Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
J Set calendar default to 'none' (policy) Exchange Server Administration 3
U When opening shared Calendar "The set of folders cannot be opened" Using Outlook 0
L Help: set flag for sent mail to check if received an answer Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D VBA - unable to set rule condition 'on this computer only' Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
Witzker Set Cursor & Focus from any field to the body of a user Contact form in OL 2019 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
justicefriends How to set a flag to follow up using VBA - for addressee in TO field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
O Cannot expand the folder. The set of folders cannot be opened. You do not have permission to log on. Using Outlook 1
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Outlook 2010 How to set default email address for website links Using Outlook 3
A Run-time error '430' on certain emails when trying to set "Outlook.mailitem" as "ActiveExplorer.Selection.Item" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Is it possible it set the fonts used to read incoming mail Using Outlook 25
bmtjedi Set objApp = Application Not Working in O365-32bit Using Outlook 1
glnz How set up new IMAP on Outlook-Office 365 and merge in pst from Outlook 2003 for same two email accounts? Using Outlook 5
ChrisK2 Send email to advertise@slipstick.com fails: "The group advertising isn't set up to receive messages from..." Using Outlook 3
S How to set up button in ribbon for individual Quick Steps Using Outlook 1
J Set Timer/Countdown on Emails? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
N How to set automatically the default or user defined Quickstyle Templates by Answer in Outlook Using Outlook 1
Victor_50 Set all subfolders to not autoarchive Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
Z Script to set account? Using Outlook 0
4 Macro to set the category of Deleted Item? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J What is the best EntryID format to set on MS Access table Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
CWM030 I do not see a way to set the personal archive folder Exchange Server Administration 2
O Set columns for all (sub)folders Using Outlook 8
S Appointment-Cannot set Categories because ConversationID is not set Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Fozzie Bear Correct Method to set up Outlook.com accounts as Exchange Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 7
e_a_g_l_e_p_i How to set fonts for emails in all folders in Outlook Using Outlook 1
L how to set downloaded cached emails Using Outlook 5
J Object Variable or With Block Not Set Error in Outlook 2016 and not Outlook 2013 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S set a flag task date as the next weekday Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
Diane Poremsky Set Another Data File as Default When Using an Exchange Account Using Outlook 0
R Macro to copy email to excel - Runtime Error 91 Object Variable Not Set Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
S how to set user properties to a newly created appointment Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 12
C Outlook VBA to set current account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Diane Poremsky Add Attachments and Set Email Fields During a Mail Merge Using Outlook 0
O How to set subject line in replies using VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Custom form not showing when recurrence is set for a meeting Using Outlook 0
M Exchange 2013 On premise set MessageRateLimit for User has no effect. Exchange Server Administration 0
A Block user to send emails to specific set of email ids Using Outlook 1
D Outlook 2007 e-mail header- How to set font & font size in received message headers ? Using Outlook 2
Diane Poremsky Exchange account set-up missing in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 0
M To set the storage folder for an outgoing Outlook message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8