• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Outlook 2010 Can you set reminder to specific times?

e_a_g_l_e_p_i

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
I've been battling for years with Outlook 2010 when it comes to reminders, whenever I set a reminder it seems like I get reminded at odd hours of the morning or night and get woken up. I know you can set not to be reminded or you can set anything from hours to half a days, two weeks. But this morning I got woke up three different times from 3 AM to 6 AM by a loud Outlook reminder. So now it's time to just stop ignoring it and see if there's a way that I can fix it. I'm hoping someone here can tell me if it's possible.

Now I know I can set the volumes by just adjusting my computer volume, however, it is Big Brother season And I watch the live feeds and in order to hear everything properly, you got a set your volume at least 1/3 of the way up. Now to most of you what I just said won't make a bit of sense unless you're a big brother fan

For example, if I set a reminder and if I wanted to be reminded in a week a day, is it possible to set a specific time, for example, set a reminder for 9:30 in the morning.

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Outlook has default reminder times - set in File, Options. One for Appointments (minutes before), one for tasks (specific time of day). All day events have an 18 hour by default, which could account for the 6 am reminders.

You can also select a specific reminder time for tasks and appointments when you create them

e_a_g_l_e_p_i

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Outlook has default reminder times - set in File, Options. One for Appointments (minutes before), one for tasks (specific time of day). All day events have an 18 hour by default, which could account for the 6 am reminders.

You can also select a specific reminder time for tasks and appointments when you create them
Thanks, that is what I would like to do. I often set a reminder on my calendar and I would like them to remind me for example, at 10:00 AM. I have yet to figure out how to get close to that with the time options now default in Outlook 2010

e_a_g_l_e_p_i

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3

How do I do it??

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Calendar reminders are 'minutes before' the meeting start. Task reminders are at a specific time unless you change it - flagged messages will use the task settings as long as the flag is for tomorrow or later - today flags fire at 1 hour before the end of the work day.

To set all appointment reminders to 10 am would require a macro to do the calculationg.

e_a_g_l_e_p_i

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Calendar reminders are 'minutes before' the meeting start. Task reminders are at a specific time unless you change it - flagged messages will use the task settings as long as the flag is for tomorrow or later - today flags fire at 1 hour before the end of the work day.

To set all appointment reminders to 10 am would require a macro to do the calculationg.
Well, that sounds out of my league, I didn't even know Outlook uses macros, I guess I will have to just deal with it as it is.
Thanks for the help

e_a_g_l_e_p_i

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
I was thinking about the Macro answer you gave me and I did a little bit of research about macros in Outlook 2010 and I ended up right back here on your forum.

To help me understand the calendar reminders in Outlook 2010 can you please tell me this, If I set a reminder for next Monday, does Outlook consider Sunday night at 12:01AM as "Monday?