• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Calendar archiving policy

luuke57

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hello,

Exchange 2013 (on premises), Outlook 2016.
We have implemented personal tags so users can archive their messages to their online archive mailbox.
We configured a GPO so that they cannot user .pst as an archiving solution.

Unfortunately, these personal tags do not apply to calendar folders.

If I create a default policy, it will apply to all folders, which I do not want (I'm afraid of asking users to apply a "Do not archive this folder" policy to their folders so they are not impacted by this default policy.

If I create a tag to be applied to a default folder and select the Calendar folder, then I do not have any other choice than Delete and Allow Recovery or Permanently Delete - no option to Move to Archive, which is needed....

Should I use the New-RetentionPolicyTag and create sthg like : New-RetentionPolicyTag "Calendar 6 months Policy" -Type CalendarItems -RetentionEnabled $true -AgeLimitForRetention 183 -RetentionAction MoveToArchive ?

But in this case, it will apply to all calendar items, not only the default calendar folder ? Some users have created other calendars in their mailbox...

And then, if I want only some users to have this archiving policy, should I create a new MRM policy, which include the settings of the Default MRM one + the new calendar tag, and assign it these specific users ?

THanks for your help and comments !

Luuke

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
You need to add the tag and apply it to the calendar - if you only want it applied to some people, you'll need to create a new MRM policy to apply to their mailbox instead of default.

The tags will apply only to the default folder automatically. So it wont apply to calendar the user creates - they need to apply a personal folder policy.