How to show assigned tasks under certain mailbox?

FreshKresh

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Dear all.

I am encountering a problem while working with tasks:
I have two mailboxes, one is my personal mailbox, the other one is shared with 2 other people. We use the common mailbox to receive mails which we then usually turn into tasks and assign them to certain persons. When we assign a task, we make sure that the task is sent from the common mailbox. However, when I go to the task-overview, I see them under my personal mailbox. They do not appear under the shared mailbox, even though that should be the case. The point is, that noone besides the person who created the task can see the mentioned task - unless it is created under the shared/common mailbox.

Can anyone help me out on this? Thanks in advance for any kind of help.

Kind regards

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Have you found a solution to this? I am trying to Print the "Shared" calendar with the "Shared" tasks, but only my tasks show.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Have you found a solution to this? I am trying to Print the "Shared" calendar with the "Shared" tasks, but only my tasks show.
When you print a calendar and choose a style that includes the task list, it will only include the default task list. This cant be changed. Sorry. :(

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Dear all.

I am encountering a problem while working with tasks:
I have two mailboxes, one is my personal mailbox, the other one is shared with 2 other people. We use the common mailbox to receive mails which we then usually turn into tasks and assign them to certain persons. When we assign a task, we make sure that the task is sent from the common mailbox. However, when I go to the task-overview, I see them under my personal mailbox. They do not appear under the shared mailbox, even though that should be the case. The point is, that noone besides the person who created the task can see the mentioned task - unless it is created under the shared/common mailbox.

Can anyone help me out on this? Thanks in advance for any kind of help.

Kind regards
I kept meaning to test this... finally did it tonight.

is the mailbox added to the profile as an account or a shared mailbox?

it sounds like ticking the box to add a copy to the task list is adding it to the default task list, not the account's default task list.

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
The mailbox is added as a shared mailbox, which in turns gives us a Shared Calendar. I can create tasks under this shared email, but the tasks do not show in the Month Calendar view. Our goal is to have the shared calendar with the tasks attached for printing of the calendar as well.

In my test:
  1. I created a task from the shared email (Does not show in my Calendar)
  2. I created a task from the shared email assigned to me (Only Show in My Calendar)
  3. I created a task from my account assigned to the shared email (Only shows in my Calendar)
  4. I then Added the mailbox to my account, still nothing
  5. I added myself as the owner to the calendar, crickets! :)
  6. I also tried printing (adding Tasks in the Print Options), but it's not available for the shared calendar

I work around could be to add to my calendar with categories and then filter on this, but it's more for the people in the office who have not idea how to do these things. Need to make it easy for them. Add task, add events, print with all of these items.

Thanks!

I kept meaning to test this... finally did it tonight.

is the mailbox added to the profile as an account or a shared mailbox?

it sounds like ticking the box to add a copy to the task list is adding it to the default task list, not the account's default task list.