Outlook 2010 Unable to Edit Contact Information in Certain Contact Folders

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I am trying to edit a contact record from my default contacts folder. Normally, I can double click the contact card and the form opens for editing. However, when I double click a contact record, a mail form opens. The editing function works with accessing the iCloud contacts folder but not the default folder. How can I change the behavior for the default contacts folder? Thanks.

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I've never seen that behavior before (that i can recall) but it sounds like outlook thinks its not a contact. The folder icon is contacts, correct, not the plain folder icon?

Did icloud move the folder to the Deleted / Trash folder? It normally does this when you set icloud up with an imap email account.

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I've never seen that behavior before (that i can recall) but it sounds like outlook thinks its not a contact. The folder icon is contacts, correct, not the plain folder icon?

Did icloud move the folder to the Deleted / Trash folder? It normally does this when you set icloud up with an imap email account.
Hi Diane,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. The folder icon is a contacts icon. I've attached a screen shot of the Navigation Pane:

1537348885354.png

If I choose one of the 353 contacts, a message form appears. For example, the California Board of Accountancy would show the message form like so:

1537348453555.png

I've tried to uninstall/reinstall Office 2010 to see if that would fix the problem, to no avail. Any suggestion you or anybody has is appreciated.

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Did you import the contacts?

Try restarting Outlook using the resetfolders switch.
Close Outlook. Right-click on the Start button and choose Run or press Windows key + R to open the Run command. Type or paste the following into the Open field and press Enter or click OK to restart Outlook. (There is a space before /.)
outlook.exe /resetfolders