outlook won't open!

mr_malkovich

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi there. I've had Outlook 2013 running on a win7 machine for a couple years now. Today, it won't turn on. Clicking any word doc just gets a loading cursor then nothing. same when i try to open any office app from startup. I was jerking around with services.msc a little while back to speed the machine up. Could I have switched something bad in there? I ran Office's repair function and it hit a snag - error 1920, fonts - because of something i had disabled in services. i enabled it and the repair finished but didn't fix the problem. I went ahead and changed everything that was set to Disabled in Services to Manual. Still nothing Microsoft related is opening.

Last edited:
Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
Hi there. I've had Outlook 2013 running on a win7 machine for a couple years now. Today, it won't turn on. Clicking any word doc just gets a loading cursor then nothing. same when i try to open any office app from startup. I was jerking around with services.msc a little while back to speed the machine up. Could I have switched something bad in there? I ran Office's repair function and it hit a snag - error 1920, fonts - because of something i had disabled in services. i enabled it and the repair finished but didn't fix the problem. I went ahead and changed everything that was set to Disabled in Services to Manual. Still nothing Microsoft related is opening.
A 1920 error is caused by a third party software or windows blocking LogMeIn from accessing any of the default install ports used during installation.