O365 and Office Message Encryption

Status
Not open for further replies.

trillyuk

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Since June of this year, we have taken advantage of Office Message Encryption. Looking for anyone else with experience of using OME(2) especially with Google/Yahoo users, Google for us as we have some g-Suite users we send, want to send encrypted emails to.

The idea behind the new version, OME2 is the ability to send to O365 users and non-O365 users. For O365 users we have found the service to work well. For Google and Yahoo, it sort of works sometimes, and then not at all for some. The idea for Google (G-Suite)/Yahoo users is they can use their Google/Yahoo logins via Microsoft's Federated login agreement to read emails, except it does not always work using the Social Connector, so we have turned Social Connector off which forces users outside of O365 to use a one-time passcode. This works most of the time (>97%) but on occasions doesn't:-
  • Timeout issues
  • Azure Information Portal server issues resulting in a messy webpage exception
  • Can read email once but subsequent attempts fail for unknown reasons
So its frustrating as what seems a good idea is failing one too many times to be a reliable solution. Reported to Microsoft mid-June and response has been to pass from department to department as no one seems to own the answer or have an idea who/what to talk to.

Getting no-where fast, its October now and many tickets been and gone and looking for other people that may have had a more positive experience than ours to give us some hope it will work?

Its rare but to give you an example. To one G-Suite company we sent 100+ individual emails, not a bulk email. Out those emails sent we had 3 come back advising they had errors and could not read the email. This time around seeing error below from Sign in to your account is pretty horrible error to get and response from MS is can we replicate the error among other things. The other errors are the AIP portal timing out. As I say most work but too many don't and not understanding why we seem to be the only ones hearing about this...

1538579876472.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S Customizing Connected Services in Office 2013 Pro Plus (O365) Using Outlook 1
H Outlook 365 O365 outlook calendar item editing Using Outlook 1
W Outlook 2016 MSI - Possible to make work with O365 modern Auth & Win7? Using Outlook 4
M Outlook 2010 Outlook 2010 with O365 / Exchange Online Using Outlook 0
V Contacts in O365 have changed?? Using Outlook 20
pcunite Outlook 2019/O365 Build 13127.20408 errors when using MAPI calls Using Outlook 1
J O365 - Adding Shared Google Calendar ICS link issue in O365 Using Outlook 0
glnz O365 - How to control whether my From name shows as "Dicky". Using Outlook 2
glnz O365 - How to combine the Inboxes for four email accounts into a single Inbox Using Outlook 7
glnz O365 - How to send from acct 2 but showing email name from acct 1 as From - alias? Using Outlook 0
bmtjedi Set objApp = Application Not Working in O365-32bit Using Outlook 1
L Outlook/O365 "sent on behalf" behaviour Exchange Server Administration 1
C Changed By field not displaying individual user's name in O365 Shared Mailbox Using Outlook 9
F "Move to" O365 feature to Outlook client via VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
L Making rule to move email to folder from one O365 domain Using Outlook 1
C Pulling out my hair (O365/2016) Using Outlook 4
M Reply Macro using O365 Connected Account Using Outlook 2
X Custom icon (not from Office 365) for a macro in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Save emails as msg file from Outlook Web AddIn (Office JS) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Import PST to Office 365 Using Outlook 1
C Migrate Exchange to Office 365 Using Outlook 2
P now on office 365 but getting error messages about missing Outlook 2013 cache folders Using Outlook 2
S Outlook 2016 and Acrobat PDFMaker Office COM Addin Using Outlook 0
U Rolling Back Office broke automatic updates Using Outlook 4
W Outlook 365 I am getting the "Either there is no default mail client" error when I try to send an email on excel Office 365 Using Outlook 1
S client lost 3K contacts when office 365 for mac account deleted from company exchange server Using Outlook 5
J Outlook search bar in Office 2021 Professional Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2016 Trying to get Outlook 2016 to work with Office 365 Using Outlook 0
P "Item could not be moved" message occurs frequently for IMAP inbox, Office 365 Using Outlook 0
S Outlook 2021 How to customize colors Outlook 2021 & Office 2021 on PC Using Outlook 1
O Office 365 - Zoom Using Outlook 0
C Wishlist Extract or scan new email addresses from out of office replies. Leads from OOO replies Using Outlook 1
M Upgrading from: MS Office Professional Plus 2010 to: MS Office Professional Plus 2021 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 16
D Office 365 Outlook desktop app prompts for all account passwords on startup Using Outlook 11
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Has nobody used Office 2021 enough to help me or have you given up on me.......lol Using Outlook 1
V Outlook 2021 Microsoft Office Pro Plus 2021 - Inexpensive Lifetime License Using Outlook 6
J Connect outlook to office365 exchange _without_ signing in office apps Using Outlook 4
klpconsulting Programmatic Access Office 365 Pro Plus & RDS Using Outlook 1
K Outlook Office 365 VBA download attachment Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Fozzie Bear Accepted Zoom Invites deleting without going into Default Calendar - Office 2016 Mac Using Outlook 3
L Ideas for Setup with New Office 365 Family Subscription (Outlook) Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
S office 2016 pop3 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
Albert McCann Outlook (and Office) 2019 Logging Using Outlook 2
glnz Can Word Normal.dotm interfere with Outlook? Office 2016 Using Outlook 5
W September 2020 - No Default Email Client message after Office Update Using Outlook 1
A Out of Office Improvement Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Office 2016 Outlook is forgetting passwords Using Outlook 15
E Can one still buy Outlook (or Office) 2016? Using Outlook 6
D Sending email from Office 365 alias in Outlook Using Outlook 3
J Office 365 erased all of my task views Using Outlook 3