Focussed Inbox Rules Failing

Status
Not open for further replies.

NigelMagus

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Outlook.com (as MS Exchange)
When using Outlook on Android, my focussed inbox does not work correctly.

Mails appear to randomly, and inconsistently, go to either the Focussed or Other Inbox, with the vast majority going to Focussed.

I think it unlikely that I have mistakenly added “Move to Focussed” rules to a large number of mails in the past, but can’t rule this out.

What I would like to do is completely reset, or initialise, my Focussed Inbox rules (but not my normal Outlook rules).

Is this possible, I can’t see anything obvious. I have tried simply turning Focussed Inbox off/on.

This started occurring a few weeks ago, prior to that all was OK. I am using Outlook for Android v2.2.191 (274).

Many Thanks
Nigel

The general rules can't be reset but if you used the 'always move ' to put them on one side or the other, you can delete a hidden property from your mailbox if you use outlook desktop. You need to delete it using MFCMAPI.

I did pretty much always use 'always move', so that sounds like a good option. If I am looking correctly I can see 35 properties against my mailbox (attached), which should I delete?

Many Thanks
Nigel

Capture.PNG

its none of those - its associated contents in the inbox - find classification override message.
The addresses being overridden are in the roaming binary stream property. I've never tried editing it - its easier to delete it.
2018-10-08_23-45-20.png

Thanks for replying so swiftly Diane.

I found the PR_ROAMING_BINARY STREAM property, and could see (somewhat) my focussed inbox rules.

I deleted the property whilst Outlook was down, and it was removed. I then restarted Outlook, but fairly quickly the property was recreated, and contained (as far as I could see) all of the original contents.

I am running Office 365 (version 1809 build 10827.201138) predominantly on a couple of windows PC's, and also via the Android app on my phone, and occasionally via outlook.com.

Regards
Nigel

That means there is a second property that holds it too. I'll need to do some more testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
F Outlook 365 Group INBOX by date but not by date and time Using Outlook 1
T Outlook 2010 Sub accounts not showing new emails in Inbox Using Outlook 4
F Color code certain INBOX emails Using Outlook 2
K vba code to auto download email into a specific folder in local hard disk as and when any new email arrives in Inbox/subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Outlook 365 Forward Email Subject to my inbox when new email arrive in shared inbox Using Outlook 0
P "Item could not be moved" message occurs frequently for IMAP inbox, Office 365 Using Outlook 0
D Gmail mail is being delivered to a different email inbox in Outlook App 2021 Using Outlook 2
S Format Inbox Using Outlook 0
J How to create a drop down user defined field that will appear on an inbox view Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
P Emails assigned with a certain category (within a shared inbox) to be copied to a specific folder. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
O Moving "tasks" to inbox in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 1
A Imap account not auto syncing inbox at startup Using Outlook 0
S Outlook 2016 dont delete inbox item Using Outlook 0
F Jump to Inbox folder when click on Favorite Using Outlook 8
R Moved 6 months worth (approx 1500 emails) lost from moving from TPG inbox to Icloud inbox (folders) Using Outlook 3
S Problem Checking the available stores in my Inbox (Outlook VBA) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Outlook VBA How to adapt this code for using in a different Mail Inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Inbox didn't got read Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Unflag Inbox and Flag Inbox with Orange Category After Item is send Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
glnz O365 - How to combine the Inboxes for four email accounts into a single Inbox Using Outlook 7
S Macro to move “Re:” & “FWD:” email recieved the shared inbox to a subfolder in outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Outlook Macro to send auto acknowledge mail only to new mails received to a specific shared inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
G Inbox shows old email Using Outlook 3
C Configuring Inbox columns Using Outlook 2
D Inbox column color coding Using Outlook 2
R Outlook 2010 How do you export 2 email Accounts' 2010 Inbox Files to new computer (2019)? Using Outlook 0
J Collaborative Inbox Using Outlook 1
M Missing emails in Inbox, but are present in webmail Using Outlook 0
R List folders in a combo box + select folder + move emails from inbox to that folder + reply to that email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
H Upon opening Outlook, make my popmail inbox open instead of outlook.com inbox Using Outlook 1
P Outlook Mobile App Doesn't Refresh Inbox Using Outlook 0
H In outlook 365 POP mail Inbox, email takes a long time or never arrives. Using Outlook 1
K No emails in inbox Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
D Unopened message in inbox deleted and not in deleted items Using Outlook 3
R Exporting recovered Deleted Items outside the Inbox Using Outlook 1
M Inbox not showing to deliver new email to this account Using Outlook 3
mctabish Setting "Reply To" based on inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
T Inbox Sub-Folder - Web Using Outlook 1
P Two main Outlook gripes: Voting buttons not working externally nor Focused Inbox Using Outlook 1
P when i move inbox mails to another folder in outlook the mail disappears Using Outlook 1
B VBA Macro for assigning multiple Categories to an email in my Inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N Syncing my inbox not working for certain types of mail Using Outlook 9
D How to handle filing of emails from an Inbox Subfolder to a specific Public folder Using Outlook 1
E Outlook 2016 Inbox search bug Using Outlook 1
O Having rules run on old mails noved to inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
K Outlook 2010 duplicate download emails 1 inbox 1 PST no updates Using Outlook 3
LolaArrabal My huge inbox folder Using Outlook 2
M VBA macro for Inbox's attachments search Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Emails being sent to Inbox and IPM_Subtree Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
E Don't want Inbox shown when login box is shown Using Outlook 1