Possible to hide ribbon with custom appointment form?

ajkessel

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
I want to always have "required attendees" appear when I create a new appointment, without having to switch to the scheduling assistant or select "invite attendees." The only way I've figured out to do so is create a new custom form with that field in the template. (Let me know if there is a better way to do it).

The problem I'm having now is when I switched to the new custom form for my default appointment item, the ribbon always appears, even if I hit CTRL-F1 to toggle it. Is there any way to use a different appointment template yet not show the ribbon when creating a new item?

A side question is whether it's possible to have a separate picker for the date and picker for the time with a custom appointment form, but I'm guessing that's not possible based on other forum postings. Let me know if I'm mistaken about that.

ajkessel

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Related question I meant to include above: when I'm making a custom appointment form, is there any way to start with the default page so it doesn't need to be recreated from scratch? The default page cannot be edited but can it be duplicated/copied somehow?

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I'm noyt sure on the ribbon problem, but on the picker - unless you are using custom controls, you are limited to what outlook includes.

No on duplicating...

I want to always have "required attendees" appear when I create a new appointment, without having to switch to the scheduling assistant or select "invite attendees."
Do you want the appointment form to always open as a meeting? Ctrl+Shift+Q is the keyboard shortcut or you could use a macro to always use a meeting form.

ajkessel

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Thanks--I wasn't aware of Ctrl+Shift+Q, that gets me most of what I was looking for. I also wrote some VBA to pre-populate the form which achieves the rest.