Reminders Window stops being displayed, even with /resetfolders or /cleanreminders

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilBurton

OS Version(s)
  1. Windows
Outlook version
Outlook 365 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I'm using Outlook 2013 64 bit on a Windows 10 Pro 64 machine, both Windows and Office are up to date with patches. For the past week or so, often (but not always) when I start Outlook, the Reminders window shows 0 reminders. (Of course, I wish I really had zero reminders.) Starting Outlook with one of those two command-line options, sometimes the Reminders window displays a list, sometimes now. It's very hit-and-miss.

Sometimes, running scanpst repeatedly fixes the problem, but if even if it does for the next start of Outlook, the start after that reverts back to this problem situation. What is happening? What are my options? Has this problem been introduced by Microsoft in a recent patch?

Phil Burton

Diane,

I can't explain it but /resetfolders seemed to work, sometimes.

I have an IMAP folder, for my email INBOX, but a separate PST for tasks, calendar, etc. I can't confirm it, but it appears that Outlook puts some of the reminders in the IMAP folder. However, I store all my email messages that I keep into folders and subfolders in that PST file, and a lot of the reminders are added on to email messages.

Phil Burton

Reminders on Flagged messages go in the data file where the message is. Is there 'this computer only' folders in the imap data file for calendar & contacts? If so, meetings sent to the imap account go into that calendar.

Diane,

I deliberately have ONLY email in my Comcast IMAP folder, so I don't have any folders that are THIS COMPUTER ONLY. This arrangement has worked without problems (until now) for well over a year, when I switched Comcast email from POP3 to IMAP.

In the past few days, I could get the Reminders window to display only after doing repeated runs with scanpst. I even have a cmd file set up for that purpose.

Do I need to set up a new profile? I'm hoping not, because so much needs to be reset or recreated.

Phil Burton

You're running scanpst on the pst file? If anything, the pst is correct, not the profile. I would make a new pst and import the old one - if you have rules, export them to a RWS files for adding the new pst and import after you switch pst files.

You're running scanpst on the pst file? If anything, the pst is correct, not the profile. I would make a new pst and import the old one - if you have rules, export them to a RWS files for adding the new pst and import after you switch pst files.
Diane,

I'm not sure I understand, so please let me clarify.

I don't need to change my Outlook profile. However, I should create a new PST file. Then I should import the old PST file into the new one, then delete the old PST. I also need to make sure that the new PST file is the default for Calendar and Contacts, etc.

I don't have rules but I do have large lists of junk mail sources. I'll have to export those before I go through this process.

I don't have time right now to do this work, but I'll report back after I've completed this work.

Thanks,

Phil Burton

How about rebuilding OST file here? It might help. However, take a back of your current data in PST to be on the safer side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J Are the underlined letters in Outlook Reminders window supposed to work? Using Outlook 4
C reminders not synced by CodeTwo Sync for iCloud Using Outlook 2
geoffnoakes Counting and/or listing fired reminders via VBA Using Outlook 1
T Never-ending Reminders in Shared Calendars Using Outlook 3
A Outlook Reminders not populating for certain events Using Outlook 2
S Copy Tasks/Reminders from Shared Mailbox to Personal Tasks/Reminders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R Follow up button doesn't working neither the reminders in BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
U Macro for reminders,tasks,calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
M Quicken One Step Update Bill Reminders Not Syncing to Outlook Using Outlook 1
J Reminders Display then Disappear Using Outlook 13
G Unable to dismiss reminders from share point list calendar shared in Outlook Using Outlook 2
T populate calendar with appointments and send reminders Using Outlook 1
D Outlook for Android - Dismiss Reminders? Using Outlook 0
Karsten V Reminders keep popping up way after past reject Using Outlook 0
M flagged contacts suddenly disappeared from Reminders Using Outlook 3
A Birthday reminders now ending after 10 years?? Using Outlook 4
M Reminders or Notifications for Internet Calendars Using Outlook 1
E Meeting reminders are set for the recipient Exchange Server Administration 9
P Outlook 2013 reminders firing late, in batches Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky How to choose which Calendar creates reminders? Using Outlook 0
E Are reminders local or global? Using Outlook 2
D Reminders in Outlook shared calendar Using Outlook 2
Z Reminders for all members of a shared calendar Using Outlook 1
A Can't stop Outlook.com from setting reminders on appointments? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
PSittner Email Reminders From Excel File Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
J Duplicate Reminders Using Outlook 5
D Add tasks to reminders and calender? Using Outlook 1
R iCloud Issues in Outlook 2013, cannot create reminders Using Outlook 2
P open reminders missing after copying outlook pst file Using Outlook 2
A Calendar Reminders are Removed with Sync to Outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 11
W Midnight bug - Outlook Today & reminders Using Outlook 5
H Calendar entry reminders in Outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 11
R How to turn OFF the Reminders for shared calendar events but not off personal Using Outlook 1
C outlook 2013 task reminders vs. outlook.com task reminders Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 8
M suddenly cannot set outlook 2007 contact reminders Using Outlook 2
D OL 13 Reminders Using Outlook 4
G Problem with reminders and the contact note field BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
J Reminders dismissed on one computer re-appear on Outlook on second computer Using Outlook 1
S No Pop Up Reminders in Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 1
V Outlook Calendar No Reminders Show up but does on iPhone Using Outlook 0
V Outlook Calendar No Reminders Show up but does on iPhone Using Outlook 2
M Reminders keep coming to users' calendar Exchange Server Administration 1
C shared calendar reminders Using Outlook 6
R How to avoid reminders from delegators' Calendars? Using Outlook 1
A How To Setting Multiple Reminders Using Outlook 1
S Reminders aren't showing up Using Outlook 3
G After syncing with iCould appoinmnet reminders do not show in the to-do bar Using Outlook 9
S Calender reminders question Using Outlook 13
S Reminders keep popping up, even after dismissing them Using Outlook 9
D outlook reminders dont come to front :/ Using Outlook 4