How to apply view settings on all accounts and folders

Status
Not open for further replies.

ofw62

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Today changed to IMAP (used good old POP3).
A result is that all settings are gone. Within each and every mailbox the columns are defaulted, preview is enabled, etc.
And of course tasks are gone, rules are gone.

Is there a way to apply view settings overall?
Or, hopefully, at least for all folders within one account.

Hello,

It looks like you are reconfigured your email account as IMAP which is totally different protocol when compared to POP3. Not possible to get the settings back in new setup. You may have to manually redo the settings in new setup.

Taking backup is always preferred in these kind of scenarios. Here is the link which may help: Export or backup email, contacts, and calendar to an Outlook .pst file

Thanks,

I have no problem setting view a few times, but with a number of accounts with a number of folders each account, it is boring to change it for each and every folder...
Probably that is how Outlook works: just 'set and apply to all folders' is too easy, you have to do it the hard way, with hundreds of clicks...
Regretfully so.

I have no problem setting view a few times, but with a number of accounts with a number of folders each account, it is boring to change it for each and every folder...
Probably that is how Outlook works: just 'set and apply to all folders' is too easy, you have to do it the hard way, with hundreds of clicks...
Regretfully so.
Yes, this is how Outlook is by design. Set and Apply to folders still works for you.

Solution:
1. go into view, select columns you wish
2. then (in view) left hand top corner, click on"Change View", then "Apply view to other mail folders"

SnagIt-22122018 051527.png

Goodness. First, I spent 4 hours (FOUR HOURS) on the phone with Microsoft Support 2 days ago, trying to get them to help me because I couldn't get the VB editor to open in Outlook 365 desktop. They transferred me back and forth (some didn't even know what VB is!) and eventually told me I'd have to pay them $500 to open a help ticket. I hung up, more frustrated than I can put into words.

Then my husband wandered in & figured it out in 10 seconds (my WhatsApp was blocking it; solution: turn off WhatsApp & open Outlook, then turn WhatsApp back on--at least until I figure out how to add it as an exception in WhatsApp). (Sidenote: I'd love to call MS and offer them the solution--for $500!)

Then I set out trying to figure out how the heck to write a macro for Outlook to set a particular email folder view to all my other email folders (the whole reason I was doing all of this)--my experience with VBA programming has been limited mainly to Word and some Excel, and even then, it's been years. (At one point, I had the most popular "VBA code samples" page on Google! But this was 20 years ago.) So, I purchased a book from Amazon. I went online to MS's site and found the Outlook objects and so on. And there I sat. I have absolutely no familiarity with Outlook objects and I had no idea where to start.

Yesterday evening, a friend told me about this forum. I came here and BAM! Here's the answer. I didn't even need to write a macro. Just did the above (apply view to other folders). Cripes. All this angst for nothing (except that it got me interested in doing more VBA programming, which I always enjoyed)!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!

Ithink its hijacking alt+f11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
R Apply a category to item in inbox view Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Apply Custom Contacts form to all existing Contacts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Apply Selected Emails to outlook rules and Run Rules Using Outlook 5
J Automatically forward email and apply template Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
E Apply customized Business Card for all users Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Diane Poremsky Use Word Macro to Apply Formatting to Email Using Outlook 0
G how can Apply User-defined Field to all Sub Folder and Other Using Outlook 14
Diane Poremsky Apply Outlook Stationery to Replies and Forwards Using Outlook 0
A Can i apply mail rules to inbox sub folders using VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Apply two rules on one email Using Outlook 2
R Rules - apply to messages > n days old Using Outlook 2
B Unable to apply rule on Exchange server functional account Exchange Server Administration 1
M Apply different views to calendars Using Outlook 0
C Apply Category Color for Appointment Background Color Using Outlook 2
F Apply Follow up flag ONLY to the people cc'd. Using Outlook 1
T Is there a way to apply a macro before a signature is applied in email? Using Outlook 1
L Unable to apply SP1 to Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 5
H Create/Apply auto formatting rules by VB? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
K Protected View - Files fail, no banner Using Outlook 4
J Outlook 365 Outlook Macro to Sort emails by column "Received" to view the latest email received Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
T Problem when requesting to view an email in a browser Using Outlook 0
S Inconsistent view of To-Do List Using Outlook 0
C View doesn't refresh (fields or formatting) Using Outlook 1
D Unable to view older emails in desktop app Using Outlook 0
Commodore MHT files (from "View in browser") Using Outlook 7
J How to create a drop down user defined field that will appear on an inbox view Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
O In Agenda-view - How to copy an existing item months ahead or back? Using Outlook 0
J Split reading view with history Using Outlook 2
P Calendar Day View only shows 1 all day event Using Outlook 0
C Can't Locate an Unread Message in my Outlook view pane Using Outlook 0
D Autosort macro for items in a view Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Anyone tell me where custom view settings are stored? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
D cannot view emails in View pane (in the right pane), I only see one line or nothing Using Outlook 21
B Outlook 2016 Unable to view images or logos on the outlook 2016 emails the same html code works well when i use outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
P Changing the font that the task view shows Using Outlook 5
E Outlook view grouping keeps changing Using Outlook 3
K UDF with formula not showing on Calendar custom view. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D Prevent popup of "Do you want to save changes?" when closing after opening an appointment to view Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A How To Get Body of All Emails to view in Blue Using Outlook 1
A How to get body of all emails in outlook 2016 to view in blue color Using Outlook 1
J Weekend View in Calendar Using Outlook 1
D Add date next to day name in Outlook Today calendar view Using Outlook 1
Z See "Change View" Drop Down as a List? Using Outlook 1
Z How to show concatenated categories in list task view? Using Outlook 2
K Accentuating today in Outlook calendar month view Using Outlook 2
W Outlook Calendar does not save view any longer! Using Outlook 3
T How can we view Blocked email addresses Using Outlook 6
N Private check box in table view Using Outlook 0
E Mail sorting view issue Using Outlook 1
P How can I change my calendar view back Using Outlook 3