Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
Hello All

Outlook 2016
Windows 7
POP3
I sync via CompanionLink to my iPad's DejaOffice app

I have searched through the tasks and the deleted and the completed. I cannot see my task anywhere. This isn't a task that I would delete, just change the date manually when it comes due. It's a reminder that a credit card needs to be paid. I missed this last one because the task is 'gone'.

I have also searched through the iPad's DejaOffice app to see if the task is hiding somewhere there.

I've had this problem in the past but all I can remember is, changing 'views?' in Outlook will bring the task back to visibility. At least I think that changing views showed the task but unfortunately I didn't keep notes.

This particular task is missing on both the desktop and the iPad, but it's quite possible that I synced without realizing the task was gone.

Any idea on where I can look to find this missing task? And maybe other tasks that I can't recall but might be missing also!

Thanks very much
Barb

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Start with changing to the Detailed view - that should show every task, although it should be found with a search.

If this is a recurring task, i wonder if you didn't mark it complete - if you dismiss, it might not be regenerated. And if you used the regenrate option and marked it complete later, it wont be visible immediately

2018-12-11_17-32-02.png

fritzmom

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
Hi Diane and thanks for the quick reply.

I have since discovered that 2 more tasks have gone 'missing'. NONE of the tasks are set as recurring or regenerate. When they come due and I physically complete the task, I change the 'due date' to the next date I require.

I have looked at the 'detailed' view.

But I vaguely remember, from when this happened before, that I had to change to some view and then I saw the missing tasks. I could not see them under 'due date' or category in my regular 'simplified' view.

I also can't recall if I was using CompanionLink at that time so I can't say that syncing to CompanionLink might be causing the problem. Although I've been using this sync method for well over a year now.

Didn't mention before but I got this computer, with Outlook 2016, July 2017. But since I can't recall when I had the problem before I don't know if I was with Outlook 2010 (version I had previously).

I can't see a pattern to the tasks that are missing; not the same due date, not the same category, not the same priority; just looks random.

I'm sure that the tasks are somewhere, just hidden for some reason. I do delete one-time tasks but my delete folder hasn't been emptied for a long time and I while I can see tasks that I know I've deleted, can't find what I'm looking for.

Hope there is a simple solution and a reason why this happens. If it's something I'm doing wrong, then I'd like to learn how to properly do it. Now, I feel like I have to go back to pen & paper just to cross-check with the digital!

Thanks
Barb

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I'm not sure you are doing anything wrong but I also don't know what happened to them. You should be able to find them using Search.