Combining PSTs

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBLampert

Outlook version
Outlook 2019 64-bit
Email Account
POP3
Recently I replaced my "spinner" hard drive with a solid-state one. In the process, none of my Outlook accounts were maintained or recreated, so I'm having to rebuild them all. Unfortunately, over the years, I've created numerous .pst files for many of these accounts, and now I'm struggling to figure out which files I need to return to the Data Files list in order to recover both the folder structure I had for each account and the year's worth of e-mails I keep immediately available.

A previous post discusses adding the contents of one .pst to another, but doesn't say how to do that. It also references "default" PSTs. I have always had only one, so this is confusing: I've always assumed that was all I could have.

How can I get the number of PSTs down to one for each account--just to preserve my sanity, if nothing else!

Last edited by a moderator:
Recently I replaced my "spinner" hard drive with a solid-state one. In the process, none of my Outlook accounts were maintained or recreated, so I'm having to rebuild them all. Unfortunately, over the years, I've created numerous .pst files for many of these accounts, and now I'm struggling to figure out which files I need to return to the Data Files list in order to recover both the folder structure I had for each account and the year's worth of e-mails I keep immediately available.

A previous post discusses adding the contents of one .pst to another, but doesn't say how to do that. It also references "default" PSTs. I have always had only one, so this is confusing: I've always assumed that was all I could have.

How can I get the number of PSTs down to one for each account--just to preserve my sanity, if nothing else!

I think I can close this thread as it turns out to have been unnecessary.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.