The return of weird graphical glitches in Outlook?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rseiler

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Outlook.com (as MS Exchange)
Is anyone seeing what seems to be the return of this (summary: black boxes of various sizes randomly appearing in the Outlook UI)?
32-bit Outlook interface elements unexpectedly render in black, white, or blank

If it's not that, it certainly seems like it, and I am using 32-bit Outlook. The thing is, with the two changes the article mentions that were made to Outlook quite a while back, this was supposed to be a thing of the past.

I'd never actually seen it happen before a few weeks ago, but now it's hard to get through a day without seeing it, and when it starts happening it tends to happen a lot--until it stops. But then again, I could go a day or two without seeing it at all, it's very strange.

I've seen it with the last 3 or 4 Fast Insider Outlook builds on the last two Windows Insider builds, so it's not easy to know where the fault lies, exactly.

I have not seen that - but am using 64-bit. The insider build this week had some issues - they were fixed in yesterdays build but it brought back some search issues.

This is what I was seeing - when i switched tabs, the 'new messages on the other side' space didn't collapse
2019-01-24_14-26-43.png

OK, if hear or figure out what's happening, I'll post back.

It's just a guess about the 32-bit/64-bit thing--maybe it's just very similar. I remain on 32-bit by inertia and because of Pocketknife Peek.

Status
Not open for further replies.