Status
Not open for further replies.

CannukInUSA

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2013
Hello All.

Newbie here so forgive me if this is elementary. I've done fairly well self-teaching in Outlook 2013. Here's my goal:

I have created custom pages on my outlook appointment where I can track the purpose of the appointment, client, type of meeting, etc. It's all the minute details I need to pull onto a weekly timesheet report for my job. Creating the form has been successful and I am able to pull the data out via Crystal Report easily. See screenshot #1 for an idea of how I have built my form.

One of the details is the client name. I need to summarize my tasks by client and by region. So I created another page to list all the clients. Because we have a constantly growing list of clients, I broke the page into tabs, one for each state. In each tab, I created a combobox in which I manually entered the values, each separated by a comma. All the comboboxes across all tabs map back to the same user-defined field "clientname".

My challenge is that each time we add a new client, I have to open up the combobox of the appropriate state tab, edit the values list manually, and be careful to sort them alphabetically so I can easily find each entry. It's becoming unweildly.

So, ideally, I'd like to have an excel workbook in which I have one sheet for each state, and in each sheet I list the clients. That is easy to update and easy to sort. Then I'd like two comboboxes on my Outlook form, one in which I select a state (and that can easily be from a static list entered into the Values property, since there is a finite quantity)... and then based up on the state selected in ComboBox1 I'd like ComboBox2 to refer to the appropriate sheet in that excel workbook and populate the combobox from the list of customers in column 1.

I have done this many times in Access and Excel.. but for some reason the coding to make it work in Outlook is eluding me.. both the code in the form and the connection to the spreadsheet.

Does anyone have any examples or suggestions?

Thanks in advance

slipstick01.png

Slipstick02.png

Thanks Diane, I saw your post a while ago as I was researching. Yours is handy, but a too simplistic for my ultimate goal of being able to pull from a spreadsheet. Maintaining a txt file will still be a lot of manual work. In a spreadsheet, I can set macros to automatically sort, plus if I pull column 1 from each sheet as I described above, I can use the other columns for other data on those clients... thereby having all my data in one workbook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
e_a_g_l_e_p_i I can't believe what I am seeing when trying to install Outlook 2021 Using Outlook 9
C Trying to move messages between imap accounts/folders Using Outlook 5
J Outlook 2016 Trying to get Outlook 2016 to work with Office 365 Using Outlook 0
U Outlook not responding when trying to print Emails Using Outlook 6
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Trying to customize the ribbon but can't figure this one out Using Outlook 3
B Outlook 2016 Outlook crashes when trying to print certain emails Using Outlook 5
M outlook 365 trying to finish my sentences Using Outlook 2
A Run-time error '430' on certain emails when trying to set "Outlook.mailitem" as "ActiveExplorer.Selection.Item" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R Error when trying to forward current email item Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
X I have met my waterloo trying to resolve embedded graphics problem with outlook 2007 and now 2016 Using Outlook 1
O The page that you are trying to access cannot be loaded. Using Outlook 0
T Outlook "A program is trying to access Outlook" Using Outlook 3
S SendFromAccount - Problem trying to test existing value in open email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
N Error 0x80090326 when trying to setup IMAP account on Outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
KURTiS MAXiMUS Trying to appactivate ERP window Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 16
R Trying to extract information between two symbols from outlook subject Using Outlook 2
Danie Lawson Trying to recover calendar Using Outlook 4
L Trying to open contacts pst. file in outlook 365 Using Outlook 3
L Trying to check for the absence of mail. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M trying to disable junk email filter. completely. Using Outlook 4
D Trying to repair Outlook rules Using Outlook 5
S Outlook 2010 trying to default Data file to outlook.com calendar Using Outlook 6
C Trying to move my Business Contact Manager ver. 2003 to BCM ver. 2010 Using Outlook 3
R Trying to sync my Outlook email on iphone Using Outlook 1
A outlook trying to keep sending Using Outlook 1
P Trying to add subject and name to an email using VB Code Using Outlook 3
B Trying to get old emails from a not working computer but having trouble. Using Outlook 6
P Outlook works, but freezes when trying to use calender v2007 (vista prof) Using Outlook 1
K A program is trying to send an e-mail message on your behalf... Using Outlook 1
P Trying to get 'Calendar Name' to appear like 'Subject' and 'Location' in event Using Outlook 0
S Trying to have a prompt to ask for text to be added to subject before sending. Using Outlook 3
A Trying to connect to exchange Exchange Server Administration 3
K Wont send or recieve now with new server keeps asking for password when trying Using Outlook 1
D Outlook "Trying to Connect" Exchange Server Administration 1
P Word experienced and error trying to open the file Using Outlook 2
S Trying to install BCM 2010 x64, getting error BCM (Business Contact Manager) 8
D Outlook 2003 - A program is trying to access e-mail addresses Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
S Trying to create a UPS from Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
T Trying to start Outlook from VBA or VBS not working. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
S how to disable security message in save attachments macro "A programis trying to access e-mail addre Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
A Error: 3033 when trying to OpenDatabase using DAO Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
U Recovered PST file "Cannot move item" error when trying to move e- Using Outlook 6
D Error trying to connect to database on the server BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
D Trying to reconnect BCM databases in Outlook 2003 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
C Populate form data into message body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
cbufacchi Outlook 365 Populate custom Outlook Appoint form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Outlook 365 Populate Outlook Task UDFs from a UDF text string Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Cannot populate certain UserProperties in Outlook from Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
C Custom Outlook Form - Populate Information from Radio Button / Check Box Using Outlook 0
A Populate Listbox from Txt File Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0