Outlook 2016 not synching

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
I have a user who was having issues with Outlook so we renamed the .ost file.
Now after the initial open, her Outlook will not auto synch unless she clicks on update folder.
Also, at the bottom of her outlook in the status bar, it is still updating contacts and sent items. Would this cause the synch to be not working? Thanks

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I have a user who was having issues with Outlook so we renamed the .ost file.
Now after the initial open, her Outlook will not auto synch unless she clicks on update folder.
Also, at the bottom of her outlook in the status bar, it is still updating contacts and sent items. Would this cause the synch to be not working? Thanks
I use Outlook 2016 and Outlook.com IMAP. I had the same issue recently with it being extremely slow. I corrected the problem by right-clicking on the account in Outlook and selecting "Account Properties". Select "Account Settings". Click the Outlook.com account and click "Repair". It then reset some account settings. I think all it did was change the IMAP and SMTP server settings to "imap.outlook.com" and "smtp.outlook.com", but I'm not sure because I did not save the settings prior to the repair.

Regards,
Adrian Gates

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
I Adrian.

We have attempted several things but in the end we ended up deleting the account from the online cloud and deleted the account deleted the mailbox. Then deleted the local mailbox so that there was no record having a mailbox. Then we made a change to her initials in AD and resynched so she appeared out in the cloud as a user. Then created a local mailbox for the user and then migrated the mailbox to 365.

We used this link (document) to guide us: How to merge Office 365 and on-premises AD accounts in hybrid?