Outlook 2007 Hide Messages Option not Available

jpaul_johnson

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
I'm using Outlook 2007 (12.0.6606.1000) SP3 (12.0.6607.1000) on a desktop and a laptop. Both have the same issue. The menu option View, Current View, Hide Messages Marked for Deletion is not available. It doesn't show up. I'd like to get rid of the strike through messages displayed without having to purge them, but without this menu option, I can't.

Have I missed something? I had Outlook 2010 installed on the desktop and removed/replaced it for the user because he prefers this version. The laptop has only had Outlook 2007.

Thanks.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
That is an IMAP-only view - an unless you are working offline, you wouldn't see marked for deletion in POP or Exchange accounts. If you are using POP, you'll need to make a custom view that hides it.

Do you not see the current view menu or is just the Hide marked for deletion view missing?

jpaul_johnson

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
Thank you so very much for your reply. I've actually been watching this site for many years, and you must be the busiest person I know.

I see the Current View option, but not the Hide Messages item. I thought I was using the Offline option, but I need to check to be sure (it's a work computer).

To be sure, I'm using 2007 IMAP, despite what my profile is indicating. Sorry.

Thanks again. I appreciate your help.