Restore an individual all-day recurring event

Status
Not open for further replies.

phrab

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I accidentally deleted a single all-day recurring event & wanted to restore it. Outlook doesn't let me select & copy an individual all-day recurring event, so I can't copy & paste an individual event the way you can with a recurring event that has a start & end time.

The only way I found to do it is to open the series, click the recurring button, change the end date & click OK. Then you can change the end date back & click OK. However, this puts back ALL the individual events.

Is there a way to restore just an individual all-day event?
Thank you in advance.

Thank you for your solution! I have both Outlook 2003 & 2016. I had experimented only with 2013. After reading your post, I found that in Outlook 2016, I could right click, drag & then choose Move or Copy. In Outlook 2003, I couldn't do that, but I could left click in the center of the event (so the cursor didn't turn into a double headed arrow), & then copy it as a single event by holding down the Ctrl key as I dragged.

Correction: your solution works in Outlook 2003 also.:) I was trying to select the event by clicking on the left edge of the event in the calendar...as soon as I moved the cursor to the center of the event, it worked.

Thanks again, Diane!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J Outlook 2003 .pst Will Not Restore Completely to Outlook 2019 Using Outlook 5
David Langer Outlook 2016 (365) How to restore the ability to Re-Map iCloud IMAP Folders Using Outlook 5
J How to restore field no longer visible in field chooser? Using Outlook 1
S How to restore corrupted PST file over 2GB in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 2
G pst file restore Outlook 2013 from HTC One M9 Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Create a list of color categories and merge or restore the list using VBA Using Outlook 0
K After Carbonite restore pst files are found in a weird location Using Outlook 2
M Is it possible to restore deleted webmail to server? Using Outlook 3
B How to restore a Contacts Group back into the Contacts list Using Outlook 1
C Custom Search Folders deleted, /resetnavpane, can i restore? How? Exchange Server Administration 1
Horsepower How to restore default view Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 8
B Restore deleted contact distribution list Using Outlook 1
E Birthdays & Holidays in ICloud, how to restore them to Outlook Using Outlook 2
D Restore Delete Calendar Meeting Request Using Outlook 3
J Outlook client not redrawing completely upon restore Using Outlook 0
wallisellener BCM - restore default settings BCM (Business Contact Manager) 36
I Restore Outlook 2010 from iCloud Using Outlook 2
R Restore Master Category List Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 7
O BCM Dbase Issues (both not seeing dbase & not allowing restore for wrong owner BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
M Outlook 2003: Restore location Using Outlook 1
E Disappointed in Outlook 2007, backup, restore, synch Using Outlook 5
E Outlook 2007 backup and restore function Using Outlook 2
P How to restore my previous address book after an iPhone sync changed it Using Outlook 2
M My Contacts Folder has disappeared. How do I restore it? Using Outlook 2
E How to restore BCM Database after upgrade from Vista to Win7? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
D Can not restore database in business contact manager BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
R Business Contact Manager - MDF and LDF file restore in Windows 7 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
S Restore a Meeting (accidentally deleted in my calendar) Using Outlook 3
F Possible to restore/reinstall "special" buttons on custom form? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Backup and restore E2K7 with Server2K8 Exchange Server Administration 4
A how to access BCM database after system restore BCM (Business Contact Manager) 6
S Restore Deleted Folders and Emails in .pst Using Outlook 6
V Re: How can I restore a deleted distribution list to my contacts? Using Outlook 5
M Outlook 2010 How could I globally redesign an outlook template form/region/inspector template used to display mail lists or an individual mails? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S How to set up button in ribbon for individual Quick Steps Using Outlook 1
C Changed By field not displaying individual user's name in O365 Shared Mailbox Using Outlook 9
Horsepower Outlook app for an individual Using Outlook 5
Fozzie Bear Change the colour or font of individual email accounts in outlook 2010/13 Using Outlook 1
Jennifer Murphy Can I export individual emails? Using Outlook 1
H Forward from Shared Mailbox to individual folders Using Outlook 6
L Individual E-mails from Distribution List Using Outlook 5
R how to scan individual email messages Outlook 2010 64bit Using Outlook 1
D Cannot Delete Individual Email - Greyed Out Using Outlook 12
K Problems with message formatting for individual user Using Outlook 1
W Copy individual file folders in Outlook 2010 PST to a My Documents folder Using Outlook 4
K Outlook admin vs individual access (VBA pulling info) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Syncing addresses in BCM with individual Outlook addresses BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
S Outlook 2016 Understand and customize prepended behavior of recurring task Using Outlook 0
J Recurrence pattern blank on recurring meetings? Using Outlook 4
G Schedule recurring email and attachments display Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3