Search Incomplete Outlook 2016

windsurfer

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Hello
I have outlook 2016 indexed but when i search it will only search 1 folder which is the default file location in the account settings. In the search menu i can select Search Tools/Locations to Search and i can put a check-mark beside each email address and it will search properly, however when i close outlook and open it up all the check-marks have disappeared except for the default data file. Can this setting be saved somehow so it keeps the settings. In the options/search i have selected to search all mailboxes.
Screenshot_1.png

windsurfer

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Hi Diane
After a fresh install of Win 10 and office that function has never worked, I even removed office and reinstalled it and no change.
Microsoft word 2016 MSO (16.0.4738.1000) 32 bit
Regards

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Normally, the setings are saved... so we need to figure out what is wrong, why they arent saving.

Microsoft word 2016 MSO (16.0.4738.1000) 32 bit
Is that an office perpetual/retail license or corporate volume license? Are all updates installed?
There have been a number of search issues with past updates - Fixes or workarounds for recent issues in Outlook for Windows - but none specific to your problem. Installing available updates is step 1.

Is outlook running under admin credentials?

windsurfer

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Retail license.

When i run in admin mode and check all the accounts to search it searches okay. Exit outlook and start again in admin mode the settings in the search location are still there and all accounts have been checked.
When i exit and start outlook normal those settings are gone and when i want to do a search i have to check all those accounts in the location to search option.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Are you using a separate user account or the default account windows creates?
Do you know if you installed office as an admin or using run as admin?