Help with dates in task list.

Iseklaar

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
I use Task list as project manager.

For every project, I start like 30 tasks that should be done before the projects end date occurs.

I set different tasks on different dates that is depending on the date on the last task (project finished)

Someone now a good program or help to be able to update the dates for all the task if I change the finish date on the last task.

For example I put the finished task date forward 3 weeks can I get all the tasks that is before this one to jump forward 3 weeks?

I don´t think this is doabel in Outlook task but maybe someone now a good magament tool to use combined with outlook.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
You could do it with a macro - or you can type + 3w or +21d after the date in the date field and jump ahead. (Bad screenshot example since I didnt use the same date in each.)

The only real issue is you need to edit 30 tasks... for that, a macro would be faster. I'm not sure if i have one that does it.
2019-03-12_11-00-00.png

Iseklaar

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
I see what you mean, still the issue is that I have to edit all the taskdates in the beginning and when the change occurs.
Know I have a predefined tasklist that I copy when I start a new project but I have to set al the dates inside every task.
A macro could maybe be the soultion but I don´t have the skill to make one.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
BTW, you could import from a CSV too - export from tasks to get the fields then use ut as a template. Formulas can handle the dates - you wouild just need to fill in a few fields and the initial date.

misha

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2013
BTW, you could import from a CSV too - export from tasks to get the fields then use ut as a template. Formulas can handle the dates - you wouild just need to fill in a few fields and the initial date.
thankyou for your help its really useful