Outlook 2016 (365) How to restore the ability to Re-Map iCloud IMAP Folders

David Langer

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Outlook.com (as MS Exchange)
I run the latest release of Outlook 2016 (365) for Windows and up until an update or so, you had the ability to re-map some of the IMAP folders for iCloud.com

That functionality seems to have disappeared. Now, each time I use Outlook for Windows, on my iPhone and Mac, I now have to manually delete the "Sent Items" and "Deleted Items" that is created by Outlook for Windows.

Is there a registry key I can change, to allow me to restore that functionality? It is very frustrating. I want to be able on Outlook for Windows to put the mail in the proper folders. Also ... hoping they will eventually create a Unified Inbox in Outlook for Windows (Outlook for Mac has it).

Also, on another note, I use Office 365 in the Fast Ring on my Mac. Do you know if and when Outlook will allow the use of my iCloud contacts. It would be nice to be able to use Outlook on both platforms, but since all my contacts live in iCloud, I am forced to use Mac Mail as Outlook for Mac will not access iCloud Contacts or the Calendar.

David Langer

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
they seem to remove that functionality to remove the folder mapping from Outlook for Windows in the recent builds. It is gone now. Need to know how to bring it back. Outlook Mac has the unified inbox ... was curious if they were going to add it to the Windows Version.

David Langer

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
I even ran the full repair on Office and tried looking for the mapping and now all it gives you is the IMAP account settings. They took away the folder mapping. My Outlook build is:
Outlook or Office 365 MSO (16.0.11425.20200) 32-bit

I attached screen shots of the configuration and you can see from the screen shots, that Outlook is back to the old IMAP settings. I also included my build version. Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.

03-31-2019 15_26_13-Window.png

03-31-2019 15_26_01-Window.png

03-31-2019 15_28_04-Window.png

03-31-2019 15_27_55-Window.png

David Langer

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Does anyone have any ideas. Even in my latest release when you go into the Send/Receive settings by using Control-Alt-S, they seem to have removed the IMAP folder mapping feature. It only shows the account settings for iCloud. They took away all the folder mapping. I tried using the Subscribed folders but that did not help. At this point, i'm deliberately not opening Outlook on my Windows PC as each time it launches, I end up with a Sent Items and Deleted Items folder in the iCloud account on my MacBook and iPhone ... hate having to delete it each time I use Outlook. I do realize i can re-map the folders on the Mac and iPhone side, but if I end up using the iCloud E-Mail through a web browser, it will not use the Sent Items and Deleted Items folder.

Is there a registry hive/key or a powershell command I can run to restore the IMAP folder mapping functionality?

David Langer

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
The latest build just came out and I am also using the preview of the new interface. They still have not restored the functionality to re-map the iCloud IMAP folders. Any thoughts how i can get that back as each time I launch Outlook, it creates the annoying Sent Items and Deleted Items folders in the iCloud account. I know I can re-direct them on my iPhone and MacBook, but Outlook should allow it.