Outlook 2016 What are the risks of opening an Outlook 2016 .pst file in Outlook 2010?

Len

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
I have Outlook 2016 on one (my main) computer. I'm going on holiday with a laptop with Outlook 2010. Can I copy the 2016 .pst file over to the 2010 for the holiday period, use it, and then copy it back again to the main computer without losing data?
The file will not be used by both Outlooks during the same period of time.
I have a POP/SMTP account. I think the POP syncing will be OK, no?
I'm aware that I might lose certain views and customizations, but that is a small price to pay.
Thanks.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Yes, you can open and use it in any version of outlook and it will be ok. I don't think you will lose views (views are the same between the two versions) if you use the actual pst (or even a copy of it) - import/exporting will lose views.

Len

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
Ok. Thanks. Good to hear.
I thought some customizations were saved in the registy rather than in the .pst file.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Settings - anything in Options for example - and your profile are in the registry, but views & rules are in the data file. Safe/blocked lists are in the data file and in the registry but I forget if they are read from the pst on the new computer.

Len

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
Sorry to keep at this. When you say "your profile is in the registry" - that implies to me that I'll have to set up new mail accounts (if they're not already there) on the 2010 "holiday" computer. Is that correct?
Thanks again.