Is it possible to add a lookup field to a Message form?

BretAB

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Hi Diane et al,

Is it possible to add an Excel-like lookup field to an Outlook (v2013) Message form? Here's what I tried:

For a test, I created a test folder "1234" | Developer tab | Design a Form | select Message | Open: That pops up a Message form in design mode, and the Field Chooser box. Field Chooser's not much help yet, however I do see a Control Toolbox up in the ribbon Tools section the has a Listbox control.

So I click that ListBox icon and anchor the "box" in the body of the Message form. I can then right click for Properties, and add some text values separated by commas (I'm assuming to use commas?). I save the Messsage form. I create a new Massage in that 1234 folder, but I don't see the Listbox I thought I just put there. So I go into desgn mode again, and now I see my Listbox control in Field Chooser's User Defined fields. I drag that field (I called TestLookup) onto the Message form, save the form, and exit the form. I create a new message in that folder, but there's no listbox in the message as I expected. Likewise, if I pop up the Field Chooser, there's no TestLookup field to add as a column.

Am I hopelessly misguided in my approach? Or simply clueless on how to accomplish what I thought was going to be an easy mod?

I appreciate any comments, guidance or references that you care to provide.

Regards . . .

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Right. I am on my little tablet and was too lazy to look that url up. :) Any listbox code you find on excel or word sites should also work, with no to minor tweaking,

BretAB

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
No problem. Thanks for the excel/word idea too.
It was nice to be able to have a little professional chat. It's been quite a while I believe.
Take care . . .