I have met my waterloo trying to resolve embedded graphics problem with outlook 2007 and now 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

xwray

My sister who lives in another state and I exchange a LOT of emails. The problem started about 3 months ago when the company she works for upgraded their office email server to the latest MS email system. I had been using office 2007 with no problems displaying embedded pictures/graphics. After the upgrade, wherever an embedded item was supposed to be there was now only a line of code of some sort was displayed. I did not experience this issue with any other person who sent me similar emails with embedded graphics.

When I started to investigate the the problem I noticed that the emails were marked as plain text in the title displayed at the top of the outlook screen. Also I noticed that if another user in our mail list forwarded my sister's email to me the embedded graphics displayed perfectly OK...it was only when I opened an email directly from my sister that the problem occurred. After trying one thing or another I wasn't able to get anywhere so I went ahead and upgraded to Office 2016 but that did not solve the problem either.

I am nowhere near being an expert in troubleshooting outlook problems and am at my wit's end...I don't even know where I should be looking. Nobody else on the mail list is experiencing the problem. It seems to me that the problem must be on my system or my email provider's (earthlink.net) system.

I'm hoping someone here can point me in the right direction and tell me where I need to be looking...any help will be most appreciated.

Didn't intend to reply. Sorry for the false start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
G Automatically delete email when a condition is met Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
e_a_g_l_e_p_i I can't believe what I am seeing when trying to install Outlook 2021 Using Outlook 9
C Trying to move messages between imap accounts/folders Using Outlook 5
J Outlook 2016 Trying to get Outlook 2016 to work with Office 365 Using Outlook 0
U Outlook not responding when trying to print Emails Using Outlook 6
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Trying to customize the ribbon but can't figure this one out Using Outlook 3
B Outlook 2016 Outlook crashes when trying to print certain emails Using Outlook 5
M outlook 365 trying to finish my sentences Using Outlook 2
A Run-time error '430' on certain emails when trying to set "Outlook.mailitem" as "ActiveExplorer.Selection.Item" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R Error when trying to forward current email item Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
O The page that you are trying to access cannot be loaded. Using Outlook 0
C Trying to populate an appointment ComboBox from Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
T Outlook "A program is trying to access Outlook" Using Outlook 3
S SendFromAccount - Problem trying to test existing value in open email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
N Error 0x80090326 when trying to setup IMAP account on Outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
KURTiS MAXiMUS Trying to appactivate ERP window Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 16
R Trying to extract information between two symbols from outlook subject Using Outlook 2
Danie Lawson Trying to recover calendar Using Outlook 4
L Trying to open contacts pst. file in outlook 365 Using Outlook 3
L Trying to check for the absence of mail. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M trying to disable junk email filter. completely. Using Outlook 4
D Trying to repair Outlook rules Using Outlook 5
S Outlook 2010 trying to default Data file to outlook.com calendar Using Outlook 6
C Trying to move my Business Contact Manager ver. 2003 to BCM ver. 2010 Using Outlook 3
R Trying to sync my Outlook email on iphone Using Outlook 1
A outlook trying to keep sending Using Outlook 1
P Trying to add subject and name to an email using VB Code Using Outlook 3
B Trying to get old emails from a not working computer but having trouble. Using Outlook 6
P Outlook works, but freezes when trying to use calender v2007 (vista prof) Using Outlook 1
K A program is trying to send an e-mail message on your behalf... Using Outlook 1
P Trying to get 'Calendar Name' to appear like 'Subject' and 'Location' in event Using Outlook 0
S Trying to have a prompt to ask for text to be added to subject before sending. Using Outlook 3
A Trying to connect to exchange Exchange Server Administration 3
K Wont send or recieve now with new server keeps asking for password when trying Using Outlook 1
D Outlook "Trying to Connect" Exchange Server Administration 1
P Word experienced and error trying to open the file Using Outlook 2
S Trying to install BCM 2010 x64, getting error BCM (Business Contact Manager) 8
D Outlook 2003 - A program is trying to access e-mail addresses Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
S Trying to create a UPS from Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
T Trying to start Outlook from VBA or VBS not working. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
S how to disable security message in save attachments macro "A programis trying to access e-mail addre Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
A Error: 3033 when trying to OpenDatabase using DAO Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
U Recovered PST file "Cannot move item" error when trying to move e- Using Outlook 6
D Error trying to connect to database on the server BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
D Trying to reconnect BCM databases in Outlook 2003 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1