Encrypted connection to server refused

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willy K

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I have two Win 7 systems with Outlook 2010 and IDENTICAL Outlook email IMAP account setups.

Lately, one of the systems can no longer obtain an encrypted connection (SSL/TLS) to the ISP server, both ways (in/out). I'm persistently getting only 0x800CCC0E errors "Cannot connect to the server." The other system works fine, so the problem must be local. However, I can't figure out what's wrong.

I've been through every thinkable setting, did a full MS Office repair, checked my Anti-virus settings (ESET), and even tried to connect with the Anti-virus turned off... Nothing works. BUT IF I TURN OFF THE ENCRYPTION, then the Outlook client (on the problematic system) connects fine with the ISP server both ways! So I suppose that the problem must be related to using SSL/TLS. These are enabled in Internet options, and as far as I can tell there's no difference between the PC that works, and the PC that has the problem.

What could be wrong? Where to look for possible errors?

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
U outlook 2010 freezes/crashes when opening encrypted e-mails Using Outlook 0
S Signed/encrypted email management Using Outlook 4
K received bcc as encrypted Using Outlook 12
N Sending encrypted signed mail using outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
P Forwarding Email With Encrypted Attachment Exchange Server Administration 1
S How to determine if message will be encrypted on Send Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
glnz How to retrieve or redo Verizon.net email password without affecting Outlook connection? Using Outlook 1
e_a_g_l_e_p_i All of a sudden I lost connection to Gmail servers Using Outlook 8
A Prevent connection to Public Folders on Exchange? Exchange Server Administration 3
D Outlook 2016 IMAP Connection Returns All Email but outlook.com does NOT Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
O Outlook 2016 0x800CCC0F 'The connection to the server was interrupted' Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
J Office 365 and Outlook connection issues Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
M Outlook 2010 Error: Your IMAP server closed the connection Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
M Outlook Email Connection Error Using Outlook 3
M BCM remote database connection issue BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
C Last Connection Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
K Work Email - Calander Connection to Outlook.com Using Outlook 2
R The action cannot be completed. The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. outlook must be Using Outlook 1
E IMAP server closed the connection Using Outlook 2
P Outlook Connection Issues Using Outlook 3
Z connection to Lotus Notes Using Outlook 4
A Exchange 2003 Outlook 2010 64 Bit- AutoDiscover Connection Err - Certificate Exchange Server Administration 9
M connection to the microsoft exchange server has been lost. outlook 2007 Exchange Server Administration 0
K Intermittent ability to send to single domain. "Connection refused" Exchange Server Administration 1
N Connection Error Using Outlook 2
E intermittent "Your imap server closed the connection" messages Using Outlook 6
M "No database found" but successful connection to SQL server.What am I missing? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
0 Outlook 2010 causes computer to lose connection when opening and Send/Receive Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 14
N Outlooking not connecting. Connection present Using Outlook 1
B can not establish BCM 2010 connection to Shared DB on SQL 2008 Express BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
S Outlook connector, numerous versions, connection issues Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
T Outlook keep loosing connection to the exchange server Using Outlook 1
S Remote connection to bcm BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
D Event on connection mode change? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P Database connection problems BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
J BCM connection problem BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
M Outlook 2007 "Connection Status..." shows 3 "Disconnected" entries of type "Directory" Using Outlook 18
T How to establish Soap Connection Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
M trouble connection to remote database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
M MSO OL sp2 for BCM broke SQL Database connection BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
D Delete Outlook emails from MS server Using Outlook 12
M Synchronization and backup of Outlook from local to server. Using Outlook 8
O How to find out the domain and server settings that my Outlook is using? Using Outlook 2
K Gmail not removed from server Using Outlook 3
N Trouble with server names Using Outlook 1
M Shift Delete doesn't delete email from server Using Outlook 3
M "Attachment Detacher for Outlook" add in, does it update the server copy of the email? Using Outlook 1
J Recover server side rules from OST/PST without access to the server Using Outlook 2
S client lost 3K contacts when office 365 for mac account deleted from company exchange server Using Outlook 5
CWM550 This rule has a condition that the server cannot process? Using Outlook 1