how do i set a reminder in onenote 2010

Filly

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Hi All,

I have been trying to set a reminder against a note I have in onenote 2010 for sometime now and have searched high and low and just cant work it out?

Any suggestions would be soooooo gratefully received?

Thank you.

Filly

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Thanks for your comment Diane. That's good to know, however my note is in Onenote not sticky notes, would you know how to do it from there please?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
oops. Sorry about that. I misread onenote as outlook. :(

I don't have onenote 2010 install available, so i can't test anything to see if they broke something, but as long as you have office 2010 installed, it should set the task up in outlook. Oh, is the onenote addin enabled in tools > options?

Filly

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
oops. Sorry about that. I misread onenote as outlook. :(

I don't have onenote 2010 install available, so i can't test anything to see if they broke something, but as long as you have office 2010 installed, it should set the task up in outlook. Oh, is the onenote addin enabled in tools > options?
no problem.

The difficulty is that quite often I am in onenote writing notes, and I think I would like to remind myself. So it's within onenote, where I would like to set up a reminder linked to my notes, that automatically feeds the reminder to outlook. That's, what I am trying to do.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
The command to create a task should be on the Home tab with the other tabs. Also verify the onenote addin is enabled in outlook.

Filly

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
The command to create a task should be on the Home tab with the other tabs. Also verify the onenote addin is enabled in outlook.

View attachment 2759
thanks.

onenote is enabled but the problem in outlook is that I cant see the onenote notebook that I am using, it links to another one I dont use.

also in onenote I am using the tabs aren't the same as yours.

sorry now I have a problem that my snipping tool doesn't seem to allow me to paste into other areas once I've clicked the copy icon

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
onenote is enabled but the problem in outlook is that I cant see the onenote notebook that I am using, it links to another one I dont use.
In Onenote File > Options > Send to onenote, is the wrong notebook set as the location ?

Yeah, the buttons will be different between your version and mine - i'll see if i can find a computer with 2010 installed.

sorry now I have a problem that my snipping tool doesn't seem to allow me to paste into other areas once I've clicked the copy icon
you need to save snips then add them to the post.

Filly

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
In Onenote File > Options > Send to onenote, is the wrong notebook set as the location ?

Yeah, the buttons will be different between your version and mine - i'll see if i can find a computer with 2010 installed.

you need to save snips then add them to the post.