Outlook 2010 unable to change default font

StevesTree

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Hi
I am trying to change the default font size in Outlook 2010 (via file, options, mail, stationary and fonts).
When I click the Stationary and Fonts button it turns to blue background. Outlook then fails to respond for a while but never opens the form to make the change.

I tried the Registry changes in this link.
I tried repair install.
The preferred solution is almost anything other than full uninstall and reinstall of Office. Is it possible to change via a Registry setting or similar

StevesTree

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Poor reading on my behalf. Sorry. I'll put it down to advancing years ('advancing' being kinder than 'advanced').

The Powershell script did nothing. Manual uninstall made the difference.
Thank you.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
The powershell would only work if the store version was preinstalled - its the most common cause of the problem, although it will be going away as they killed that version.

StevesTree

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Presumably it was preinstalled by Dell. I certainly didn't install it.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Presumably it was preinstalled by Dell. I certainly didn't install it.
Yeah... they did.

I first discovered the store version on a Dell, back in Jan 2018 when a client had problems and i saw weird file paths for ost files. I found out about 2 months ago that Microsoft was dumping the store version (good riddance!) but don't know when the OEMs switched to using C2R as the pre-installed version.

StevesTree

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Sounds like someone else has a healthy attitude to store apps

My Dell is only one month old. Dell seems to go overboard with pre-installed programs and apps. A lot is cleaned out already (Candy Crush went on first boot together with a lot of other games) but there is still research to be done on some of the 'rubbish' pre-installed.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Sounds like they switched over to the C2R build.

It's not just Dell that goes overboard. I have a lenovo and it was the same with it.