Send/receive error 80040119

Currie Carter

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Diane, I've an instance of Outlook 2013 in which a pop account throws an unknown error (0x80040119). Symptoms are: When in account configuration, the test function sends/receives correctly. In the Outlook page, send/receive throws the unknown error noted above. User is able to log on to the webmail server and can send/receive from the mail server. We have repaired the .pst file w. scanpst. But still no successful send/receive. Any ideas, O Outlook Guru :) ? Thanks, Currie

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
it could mean the pst is corrupt or the profile is correct. Rather than using scanpst, create a new pst and set it as the delivery location for the user. Make sure you select the email account in Account settings and click change folder at the bottom - selecting the new pst. (It might be worth doing that now - select another folder, apply, then go back and reselect the inbox.)

Currie Carter

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Diane, I've an instance of Outlook 2013 in which a pop account throws an unknown error (0x80040119). Symptoms are: When in account configuration, the test function sends/receives correctly. In the Outlook page, send/receive throws the unknown error noted above. User is able to log on to the webmail server and can send/receive from the mail server. We have repaired the .pst file w. scanpst. But still no successful send/receive. Any ideas, O Outlook Guru :) ? Thanks, Currie
Diane, Again, thanks so much for your prompt, insightful, and accurate tips. Your suggestion helped me pinpoint/repair the problem. Currie Carter