pst files are recreating automaticaly and cannot be deleted

neyoneit

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Hi,

i tried to find solution for my problem but i was unsuccesful.

I was adding new email, but outlook crashed on me and created two data files, but they are not asociated with any email.
My issue is that data files cant be deleted, because outlook thinks they are linked to an email, but that email is not showing anywhere.

If i manually delete those (2).pstst, (3).pstst, (4).pstst, .pstst and run outlook they are recreated again, if i try to delete them via outlook it says its linked to an email, but that email is not showing anywhere.

Please is there a solution how can i fix this?

best regards,
neyoneit

outlook.JPG

pst files.jpg

emails.JPG

data files.jpg

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
This is with Outlook 2010, correct?

>> pstst
I have not seen that bug in a long time. It usually means the profile is corrupt - I think it happens when migrating to newer versions of Outlook but can't be sure.

I have steps to try deleting it from the profile at

Markdc

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Hi,
this issue occurs due to corruption.
You need to remove corruption by either running scanpst/scanost or by using a third party tool in case of severe corruption.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Hi,
this issue occurs due to corruption.
You need to remove corruption by either running scanpst/scanost or by using a third party tool in case of severe corruption.
It is not due to the corruption of the pst file but of the profile. scanpst won't help.

mishel

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
You try some third party solution if manual tricks are not helping and as we know manual tricks are not safe to use they may affect our real data also.

neyoneit

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
This is with Outlook 2010, correct?

>> pstst
I have not seen that bug in a long time. It usually means the profile is corrupt - I think it happens when migrating to newer versions of Outlook but can't be sure.

I have steps to try deleting it from the profile at
unfortunately didnt work.. ive checked regedit, but they are not listed there....

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
You look through all of the 0000* keys under
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\Outlook\9375CFF0413111d3B88A00104B2A6676 ?

Then you'll need to remove the account from the profile and add it back or make a new profile.