Outlook 2016 Outlook 2016 stalls

GregS

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
A small Outlook startup window opens showing "loading profile" and a moving line of dots is active for perhaps 15-20 seconds. Then a message appears:
"Time limit for logging in was reached while waiting for system resources." Outlook never opens. I don't know how to get a handle on this problem. Online "cures" seem varied, so I don't want to wade in without some clear ideas or priorities.
Thank you.

GregS

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
What type of email account do you have configured in Outlook? POP, IMAP, Outlook.com, or Microsoft Exchange? Does it start in Safe mode or if you disable the internet connection?

Do you have all updates installed?
I am in the process of installing V1903 (on my wife's system). I'll do that first to see if it clear things up. I can't get into the Outlook interface, but I recall that it was IMAP. Haven't tried other remedies yet. Will report back if problems remain.

GregS

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
I am in the process of installing V1903 (on my wife's system). I'll do that first to see if it clear things up. I can't get into the Outlook interface, but I recall that it was IMAP. Haven't tried other remedies yet. Will report back if problems remain.
Full update solved problem. Sorry to bother your.