Junk Mail and PersonMetadata

Ian Thomas

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
Outlook.com (as MS Exchange)
I have been getting (for months) a huge number of junk emails - bitcoin, cars, grocery - a wide range, sometimes identified with a common sender address (junk emailing house). Obviously, my address is being passed around or sold.

In the last 2 days, 26 that I have marked as Junk, then deleted, then permanently deleted.
The obvious question -is there anything more that I can do?
When permanently deleting, i answer NO to the reply to sender popup. I assume that is advisable.

An associated observation: for query folders that I create, such as "mail today" or "mail in last 7 days", I see a blank (no message) PersonMetadata entry. I think I was advised previously NOT to delete these (so I don't), but would it help if I did - ie, would it lessen the number of junk / spam emails that I am getting?

Any ideas with these problems (apart from change email address - which i don't want to do).

Ian Thomas

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
Outlook.com (as MS Exchange)
PersonMetaData - do these (Outlook system objects) get created for those senders who are obviously JUNK / SPAM (marked as such by Outlook, or later by me)?

I don't know how I could identify those that are associated with the spam, but if they are created, would it not be a good idea to delete them? Does Outlook do that? Or, are they either NOT created or removed when that sender email ID is marked as junk?

alexxMR

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
It's been a time when I was transferring my emails from Bat! to Outlook and had some problems with that too.