Simplified ribbon missing

murgatroyd

Outlook version
Outlook 2019 64-bit
Email Account
POP3
A couple of weeks ago, I purchased two new laptops with Windows 10 and Office 2019, and in Outlook, on both laptops, the arrow button ("caret") at the lower right corner of the ribbon said "Switch Ribbons. Switch between the Classic Ribbon and the Simplified Ribbon" when I hovered over it, and switched to a simplified ribbon when I clicked on it.

However, on one of the laptops, today the button only says "Collapse the ribbon.... Collapse the ribbon so only the tab names show" when I hover on it, and only does that when I click on it, and the simplified ribbon option has disappeared on this laptop, although it is still there on the other laptop.

I have checked for updates on both laptops, and both say they are up to date ("Version 1911, Build 12228.20364 Click-to-Run"). I have tried Control Panel > Office > Repair, but that didn't change anything.

How can I get the simplified ribbon back on the laptop where it has disappeared?

murgatroyd

Outlook version
Outlook 2019 64-bit
Email Account
POP3
I don't have an Office subscription on either laptop. I have stand-alone Office 2019 (not Office 365) on both, which I am using only with a local account on the PC (not with an MS account online). They are both set up identically, and when I first set them up, both had the Simplified Ribbon option, but now it has disappeared on one but is still there on the other. How can I get it back?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I'll double check, but I don't think its available in the retail/volume license - unless its a recent change. It was originally released only in the subscription.