Autofill addresses

Status
Not open for further replies.

murgatroyd

Outlook version
Outlook 2019 64-bit
Email Account
POP3
I have two laptops with Outlook 2019 running on Windows 10.

One laptop has a single contacts folder, and when I start typing a name or email address in the To field in a new email on this laptop, it automatically pops up contacts with matching names or addresses from the contacts folder, as expected.

The other laptop has two contacts folders (the default one named "Contacts" and an additional one named "Contacts - Business"), and when I start typing a name or email address in the To field in a new email on this laptop, nothing pops up, even if there are contacts with matching names or addresses in one or both of the contacts folders.

If I manually select all of the addresses in both of the contacts folders on this laptop and paste them all into the To field in a new email and send it while offline (so that it is not actually sent), then the address autofill subsequently works from the autocomplete cache, but is there a way to get it to work directly from the contacts folders without this work-around (as it does on the first laptop)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J Can't kill autofill email address Using Outlook 1
C Autofill subject line in appointment from options selected in combobox Using Outlook 6
E Autofill Information in Email Template Using Outlook 2
J Outlook 2019 Regex email addresses from body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
C Wishlist Extract or scan new email addresses from out of office replies. Leads from OOO replies Using Outlook 1
D Contact Group - Adding Bulk Addresses Using Outlook 2
L Capture email addresses and create a comma separated list Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
N How do I make Outlook autocomplete addresses from a list of recognised <full_names> only? Using Outlook 2
S Macro to extract email addresses of recipients in current drafted email and put into clipboard Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Extracting email addresses from a folder - how to also get the name of the person the address is for? Using Outlook 5
T How can we view Blocked email addresses Using Outlook 6
A Move email items based on a list of email addresses Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 40
W Create Search Folder excluding Specific Email Addresses Using Outlook 5
M possible to search Outlook for multiple email addresses at once? Using Outlook 1
B Email Addresses Using Outlook 1
O Extracting all mail addresses from all folders Using Outlook 10
RBLampert Outlook 2010 sends to/receives from some Gmail addresses but not others Using Outlook 3
cimbian Harvesting email addresses from mail folders Using Outlook 1
C Autocomplete losing some (not all) addresses Using Outlook 6
A Sending Emails Through Outlook From Multiple Email Addresses Using Outlook 1
Caio "From" field doesn't show extra email addresses in Outlook 2016. Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 6
N Combined emails on 2 iphones from different email addresses Using Outlook 4
Diane Poremsky Add Email Addresses to a Contact Group Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Replace Display Names with Email Addresses Using Outlook 0
A Outlook Postal Addresses Missing/Blank Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Make the Address Book show only e-mail addresses, not fax numbers Using Outlook 0
R Outlook Office 365 not saving addresses Using Outlook 0
L Outlook 2007 Delete Email Addresses Using Outlook 19
Z Outlook 2007, clicking email addresses fails to open Contact Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Send email to all addresses for one Contact Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Send from Other Addresses using POP3 or IMAP Accounts Using Outlook 0
S Default Calendar Reply Addresses Using Outlook 2
P Is it possible to write a macro to email to all addresses of selected contacts? Using Outlook 1
J Is there a way to disallow sending from certain addresses to specific email addresses? Using Outlook 2
C iCloud addresses don't show up in "Address Book" or "To:" Using Outlook 5
B Automatic picture download and changing email addresses Using Outlook 3
makinmyway Can I Search for Contacts by Addresses within a Proximity? Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 2013 wont send to over 3 addresses Using Outlook 1
makinmyway How can I easily identify and delete from my contacts defunct email addresses? Using Outlook 2
S Contact Addresses Using Outlook 3
P How to delete email addresses from auto-complete list? Using Outlook 2
A BCM import email addresses BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
F Cut and Paste Addresses from Excel Suddenly Limited Using Outlook 4
M rule to change subject, pull email addresses from body, and forward with templ Using Outlook 14
D Outlook 2007 Custom Form - Dual Addresses and Mailing Address Using Outlook 6
V Contact group: addresses in BCC? Using Outlook 2
R printing fields in addresses Using Outlook 1
S Can't find some addresses after a contact list export. Using Outlook 1
M One contact with two addresses Using Outlook 2
J Mass find & delete email addresses from address book. Using Outlook 3