Outlook 2016 Conditional Format for User Defined Field

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
Using the macro from vbnet I have a user defined field senderfullname which displays the contact as the sender of the email. If the sender is not one of my contacts the field understandably is blank. The results in an empty space in my inbox. While I could add the from field in the column setting by the view, is there anyway to make a conditional statement saying if senderfullname is empty view from field? Even if I did add the from field in the column settings, it seems that the inbox view is limited to only 2 lines (besides the preview) while I need senderfullname, from and subject. I can't seem to view all three.

Please advise.
Thank you.

You can use the macro to add the From field or any other value if a contact is not found. You can't use a formula to set it on the fly unless you use a another custom field that checks the value of the senderfullname field and if blank, use the From.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
N Help creating a VBA macro with conditional formatting to change the font color of all external emails to red Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
E Conditional formatting - when current account <> received account ? Using Outlook 3
P BCM conditional formatting BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
S Conditional Formatting for messages in a Conversation thread Using Outlook 1
S Conditional Formatting in calendar part of To-Do Bar Using Outlook 1
S Conditional formatting problem with "is not empty" and categories Using Outlook 2
K Conditional Formatting based on Department of person received from? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
M Using conditional formatting on a shared calendar with categories Using Outlook 6
C Change default colors for conditional formatting Using Outlook 2
D Conditional formatting - font sizes Using Outlook 3
A Help creating macro for conditional formatting settings Using Outlook 8
B Conditional Formatting:How to use >1 value in a filter Using Outlook 7
A Using OR when organising with conditional formatting Using Outlook 1
J Conditional Formatting Upon My Reply Using Outlook 1
T Conditional dates in Outlook Calendar Exchange Server Administration 1
N lose conditional formatting when importing to Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
R CALENDAR conditional formating not consistent??? Using Outlook 1
K Outlook 2010 conditional formatting Using Outlook 21
e_a_g_l_e_p_i MY Outlook 2021 changed the format of the shortcuts for mail, calendar etc. Using Outlook 10
M Outlook Macro to save as Email with a file name format : Date_Timestamp_Sender initial_Email subject Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R How to prevent corrupted Notes format in Calendar and Contacts Using Outlook 0
S Combination Field (Date Format) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Format Lost between Tasks and To Do Using Outlook 0
P Outlook 2016 Change Paste Special Default Format Using Outlook 8
S Format Inbox Using Outlook 0
P Short Date Format when typing in a task Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 2016 64bit, Cannot Save in 'HTML', format Using Outlook 1
K Need to convert .mmf file to .pst format Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
C Export NSF Lotus Notes files in Outlook PST format? Using Outlook 1
L Time format in Outlook calendar and emails Using Outlook 0
Y Outlook Task View - Table Format - Customize Reminder Time to Drop-Down Selection Using Outlook 2
T How to Export mailbox from Outlook 2019 to MBOX format? Using Outlook 1
J What is the best EntryID format to set on MS Access table Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Is there a way to add something that is in the "Format Text" tab to the "basic Text" on the message tab Using Outlook 1
E Outlook 2010 Can somebody tell me , the question associated with OST format Using Outlook 1
Witzker Correct Format of custom Yes/No Checkboxes Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M font format discrepancies with Quick Parts Using Outlook 1
S Email Format With Embedded Images and Tables Change Using Outlook 2
G How to filter by the format of an email address Using Outlook 6
T Format Reading Pane Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
R Lost PST files after format Using Outlook 6
J Outlook 2013 how to convert 2013 OST file into an another format, i m using outlook 2013 versions. Using Outlook 1
fitzgerald Lost PST files after format - how to recover deleted files? Using Outlook 3
Dr. Demento Outlook output to array -> Excel & re-format Using Outlook 2
P Outlook 2010: Missing tab - "Format/Picture Tools" HELP! Using Outlook 3
skylark53 Loss of default format on deleting signature Using Outlook 5
O Setting default format for composing/replying to emails Using Outlook 3
divan VbaProject: Changing email format Using Outlook 15
O VBA to change message format and add formatted signature Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
divan Macro to format email in a certain folder then forward to email address Using Outlook 3