Outlook and iPhone Sync

biscuittx

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Using Outlook 2016 and and iPhoneX/ iTunes. Email is an IMAP setup and I have local data files where I save my emails/ contacts. My issue is that my iPhone which is set up on IMAP as well only syncs the one default calendar in Outlook (Email Data Folder). i wont sync the additional IMAP email address calendar. My problem is that when i receive calendar invitations it goes to the IMAP email address and as such wont sync with my iPhone. I cant make that IMAP email address the default because then the iPhone wont sunc with the right calendar. Is there a way to add the IMAP calendar to the list of calendars for iTunes or a way to default the incoming calendar invitations to the default Email Data Folder? Thank you.

Lewis-H

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
  1. Go to “Settings” and tap “Mail, Contacts, Calendars” to add an account;
  2. Choose Microsoft Exchange;
  3. Leave the “Domain” box empty. Enter the email, username and password.
  4. Tap “Next”.
  5. Choose the data you want to synchronize.

biscuittx

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I don't have that option within iPhone settings. Do you mean "Passwords and Accounts" (if so the only option after selecting Exchange is the email address and a description)? and I'm trying to have either iTunes recognize that additional calendar or changing where the calendar invitations are saved once accepted. thx

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
If you are using an IMAP account, you can't set it up as an Exchange account.

My issue is that my iPhone which is set up on IMAP as well only syncs the one default calendar in Outlook (Email Data Folder). i wont sync the additional IMAP email address calendar. My problem is that when i receive calendar invitations it goes to the IMAP email address and as such wont sync with my iPhone. I cant make that IMAP email address the default because then the iPhone wont sunc with the right calendar. Is there a way to add the IMAP calendar to the list of calendars for iTunes or a way to default the incoming calendar invitations to the default Email Data Folder?
ITunes (and icloud) only sync with the calendar in the default data file. It sounds like the imap data file was set as default at some point and the calendar was created in it. If you remove the calendar, it will use the one in the default data file.

Try this - after making sure anything on the imap's this computer only folders is moved to the folders in the data file you are syncing - close outlook, go to %localappdata%\microsoft\outlook - rename the account's data file. Restart Outlook and wait for it to sync.

If the ost file is huge and you don't want to resync, you can us mfcmapi to delete the 'this computer only' folders.